Will the 2011gt500 make the AL block cheaper?

redsap05

Established Member
Just checked the price at ford racing it is 2995 I seem to remember it being about 3800 not to long ago. My questions is that with them being mass produced for the 2011 gt500 will the price go down on them anymore. It will be a nice upgrade for anyone who has a 07-10 gt500 and is building a new enigine. Ford Racing Performance Parts []

Dave07997S

Established Member
Just checked the price at ford racing it is 2995 I seem to remember it being about 3800 not to long ago. My questions is that with them being mass produced for the 2011 gt500 will the price go down on them anymore. It will be a nice upgrade for anyone who has a 07-10 gt500 and is building a new enigine. Ford Racing Performance Parts []

Usually the price comes down once it becomes a full production item.

Dave

Dave07997S

Established Member
Do we know for a fact that the 2011 is the exact same block as the Ford Racing part?

I know it's highly likely that it is, but I have not heard definate confirmation that it's the same part number.

No its not..the actual production piece from what I have been hearing is actually better.

Dave

91svtbird

Established Member
Does it have oil squiters for the pistons?

I don't know but I would doubt it , I read somewhere the oil pump in the GT500 5.4 won't supply enough oil to support piston oil squirters without reducing the amount of oil up top in the heads. (one of the reasons the FordGTwent to an external pump and dry sump )

HARLEYDEALER

Established Member
Thats is correct, Fords Racing Wet Sump Aluminum block has the squirters ports but also supply the plugs needed to close them off. When I purchase my block it sold for 3995.00. Bill

HARLEYDEALER

Established Member
Thats is correct, Fords Racing Wet Sump Aluminum block has the squirters ports but also supply the plugs needed to close them off. When I purchase my block it sold for 3995.00. Bill
Shelby115.jpg

WP64

I Couldn't Care Less...
Established Member
Jay, we don't see you much over at TS

I met Amy B. at SAI during SEMA week 2008, that did it for me, and Smack Down on SVTP made me a junky of this site. I gotta sometimes say it like it is, and that dumb ass broad and I butted heads too many times for me to play by her rules.

I still post there every now and then and check out the GT500 mod page, did you see the post I threw up on the TS site about the GT350 a couple of weeks ago, some of my best Interwebz forum work if I do say so myself, and again, it was in response to Amy being a abrasive dumb ass TS forum witch.

It's still up, here you go, post #49 Shelby GT350 vs. GT500. Which one is better? - Team Shelby - Page 3

Captain Beyond

Established Member
I met Amy B. at SAI during SEMA week 2008, that did it for me, and Smack Down on SVTP made me a junky of this site. I gotta sometimes say it like it is, and that dumb ass broad and I butted heads too many times for me to play by her rules.

I still post there every now and then and check out the GT500 mod page, did you see the post I threw up on the TS site about the GT350 a couple of weeks ago, some of my best Interwebz forum work if I do say so myself, and again, it was in response to Amy being a abrasive dumb ass TS forum witch.

It's still up, here you go, post #49 Shelby GT350 vs. GT500. Which one is better? - Team Shelby - Page 3

Great post. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread