Will Strange Struts fit my new setup?

SCcobra4me

ON3 U LUZ
Established Member
So I'm doing a complete front suspension setup this spring while I put my long tubes on and have one question and yes I've searched but couldn't find a definite answer, will Strange adjustable struts (6005) fit my setup with maximum motorsport caster/camber plates? I'm going with a UPR K member/control arms/bumpsteer kit and UPR coilovers. Thanks in advance

D-MANN

Established Member
Yes they will fit. I have the strange 10 way adjustables on my car. MM coilovers can be bought specific to fit strange struts. It’s a tight snug fit of the sleeve over the strut. If you go UPR they are universal type sleeve and the diameter of the strange in much smaller and the sleeve will have movement thus creating some noise. What you will need to do is run a few beads of silicone along the length of the strut where the sleeve makes contact. Slide the sleeve over and let that set up. It will reduce the movement and lessen the noise. With the camber caster plates you need to use the bushings and measure the correct distance from the top of the spring to the caster bottom plate to make sure they do not make contact and bind. Hope that helps. Both companies make good products and the quality you get is reflective of the price you pay.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
Yes they will fit. I have the strange 10 way adjustables on my car. MM coilovers can be bought specific to fit strange struts. It’s a tight snug fit of the sleeve over the strut. If you go UPR they are universal type sleeve and the diameter of the strange in much smaller and the sleeve will have movement thus creating some noise. What you will need to do is run a few beads of silicone along the length of the strut where the sleeve makes contact. Slide the sleeve over and let that set up. It will reduce the movement and lessen the noise. With the camber caster plates you need to use the bushings and measure the correct distance from the top of the spring to the caster bottom plate to make sure they do not make contact and bind. Hope that helps. Both companies make good products and the quality you get is reflective of the price you pay.

So you have no noise coming from your strange struts? Mine feel extremely tight but I still get front end noise since install. Might have to change caster plates.

SCcobra4me

ON3 U LUZ
Established Member
Will the maximum motorsports struts make noise? I'm' good spending the extra $100 to eliminate this, good info though

D-MANN

Established Member
So you have no noise coming from your strange struts? Mine feel extremely tight but I still get front end noise since install. Might have to change caster plates.

I’m not sure what it is with these strange 10 way adjustable struts and noise. Some have it some don’t.

D-MANN

Established Member
Will the maximum motorsports struts make noise? I'm' good spending the extra $100 to eliminate this, good info though

Maximum Motorsports doesn’t make struts. Maybe I should of worded things better.MM makes coil overs to fit certain struts. Basically the diameter of the sleeve to fit snuggly over a specific brand of strut. The UPR coil over is a universal type sleeve that fits all struts but won’t fit snug on certain brands like the strange 10way adj. struts. Like ,mentioned some have noise with the strange struts and some don’t. If you use the UPR C/O and don’t do the silicone bead along the length of strut where the sleeve sits you will have a lot of noise. That sleeve will rattle.
I would do some research before you purchase if it’s not too late.

D-MANN

Established Member
Maybe give MM and UPR a call and see what they recommend for what type of driving you do with your cobra.

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
I’m not sure what it is with these strange 10 way adjustable struts and noise. Some have it some don’t.

Might have to try the silicone trick. Do you have solid mount caster plates? I have the “street” style that have the poly bushings. Maybe that’s the problem.

D-MANN

Established Member
Might have to try the silicone trick. Do you have solid mount caster plates? I have the “street” style that have the poly bushings. Maybe that’s the problem.

I have MM front suspension. What C/O do you have?

97snakebite

Established Member
I had to heat mine to get them to fit.
25422355747_196dca996b_k.jpg

D-MANN

Established Member
I used a block of wood and tapped them down in place. Easy enough.

Users who are viewing this thread