will somebody please PM me a good number for Gary Jones

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
He owns a private race car preparation business. You should quickly tell him your purpose of the call. Please do not dissapoint me by not allowing him your respect for his time.

Gary6-3-09018.gif

Gary6-3-09021.gif

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Doc:

I took Gary's phone number off your post and will PM it to grape.

I don't like having phone numbers up on the board.

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
I took Gary's phone number off your post and will PM it to grape.

I don't like having phone numbers up on the board.

Thanks Bruce.

My car is currently at Gary's shop getting a complete makeover for the upcoming race schedule (summer is our off-season :-D ).
Gary6-3-09023.gif

BTW, Gary is a guy that anyone can work with (I've known and trusted him for years). Our first encounter was at Road Atlanta in the mid-1990's. I saw him coming on me in his old #98 car going down the front straight at RA. I thought no one would ever pass me in the Esses so he would wait until we went through T-5 before he would pass me going into T-6.

Nope. He passed me, in the grass, through the Esses. I went by his paddock and introduced myself. I said "that was a great pass". Gary said "The race track is only limited by the walls; the grass is part of any race track." We've been friends ever since. :-D

Of course, he now has three Rolex Championships, and I haven't come close to my first one. But I hope to stay on the racing surface. :eek:

grape

Established Member
We are involved with the same type of business, just located more to the the left of the country. it's actually a very stupid question about vintage tires, i've bought cars from him in the past, and we have quite of few common old friends from the stock car junk, just didn't have current number it's been a couple of years. thanks guys

Last edited:

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
it's actually a very stupid question about vintage tires..

The current fast tire is the Goodyear 6.00 or the 7.00 bias tire (see above). The Hoosier TD just doesn't work as well for a Mustang. The lighter Porsche cars race the Hossier. It has something to do with slip angles and other engineering terms that I don't understand.

Bob Woodman is the local vintage tire guru. He can tell you more than you ever wanted to know about tire slip angles and such. ;-)

Bob Woodman Tires

grape

Established Member
The current fast tire is the Goodyear 6.00 or the 7.00 bias tire (see above). The Hoosier TD just doesn't work as well for a Mustang. The lighter Porsche cars race the Hossier. It has something to do with slip angles and other engineering terms that I don't understand.

Bob Woodman is the local vintage tire guru. He can tell you more than you ever wanted to know about tire slip angles and such. ;-)

Bob Woodman Tires

we have chemicals for makin those whatever we want them to be lol.

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
2 kinds of racers.............Cheaters, and losers.;-)
We race for the fun if it, and there are really no enforced performance rules (just safety rules). So, it's more like "losers" vs. guys with an unlimited racing budget. It's hard to beat a guy that has a spare engine in his trailer that's just as fast as the new engine in his car. He thinks nothing about using sticker tires on the car for qualifying and each race (call it $5000/weekend for tires).

Nonetheless, the lower budget guys have just as much fun every weekend as the faster no-budget guys. We all pick up the same prize money at the end of the weekend ($0.00 :lol1: ).

Users who are viewing this thread