Will R888's fit on the PP wheels?

Dcrypter

Established Member
I'm going to want to get rid of the stock pirelli's soon and I have heard good things about the R888's with high horsepower cars(I am getting the Roush blower installed on the 29th) so I am wondering which of the sizes available would fit the PP wheels the best?

Budwise

Track Addict
Established Member
R888's are great, BUT because they're super soft they don't last long and are not great in anything but dry warm weather. For a DD I would look at something more well rounded like Michelin Pilot Super Sports. If it's your weekend racer then R888's are awesome.

Dcrypter

Established Member
R888's are great, BUT because they're super soft they don't last long and are not great in anything but dry warm weather. For a DD I would look at something more well rounded like Michelin Pilot Super Sports. If it's your weekend racer then R888's are awesome.

I was looking at MPSS's but from the reviews that I have been reading I don't think they are going to hook well with all the extra hp.

c_reber

Established Member
R888's are great track tires (road course). Not great for daily driving because they take some heat before they offer good grip. Unless you are planning to do a bunch of track days, I'd look at other options.

Budwise

Track Addict
Established Member
The only thing that is going to hook like you're wanting is a drag radial. No street tire imo will withold 650+ HP from a dig or probably even in second gear.

PIKE5.0

Established Member
Second on the R888 needing heat. Not a great street tire, and you need something taller. It won't handle that tvs tq below 3rd gear. That 305 35 is the way I'll going if my damn car ever gets here.

Dcrypter

Established Member
being its a stick car I would try and go with a 28 inch tall tire. Just my personal opinion. I put 305-35-19 et streets on my performance pack wheels and they fit perfect no bulge or anything. Click the link so you can see pictures

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?1052360-305-on-the-performance-pack-wheel

Those 305/35's look good. The only thing I don't really like is the tire specs say 10" rim. What tire would you suggest on the front?

Also, I don't want to sacrifice a ton of handling just to grip better on the street. Will the et streets and whatever accompanying tire still grip well when cornering?

Users who are viewing this thread