Will it survive?

red cobra 03

Established Member
Having cams installed in the car. Going for 750ish rwhp. Will my rods hold up? Car has frpp 65mm tb, jlt 123 cai, Detroit rocker cams( going in soon), killer chiller, colder plugs, and only runs vp c10 fuel

GT500_012308

Established Member
Premium Member
I have that power with cams as well just L&M. Now I am a poor boy with an 11 and 5.4 but I'm at 755 and have been there for a year and some change. I don't beat on my car but def have fun with it. I never shift about 6500 and it has been fine I am tuned by VMP but should be the same with Lund.
I use to DD the car but now have the luxury of only driving when its nice so haven't been driving to much but as long as its nice and 60+ it will be driven.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Should be fine, just respect RPM and octane.
Good choice on Lund, but not sure I like the fuel choice.
That leaded stuff ain’t nice to oxygen sensors (ours are expensive dual wide bands) or combustion chambers.
-J

boduke0220

Established Member
Will be fine, plenty of guys over 800rwhp. Keep RPM low and good fuel. Like James same maybe find something unleaded like Sonoco 110 or convert to E85 if it is available.

GT500_012308

Established Member
Premium Member
I am still running 93, I have played with the idea of going corn for a while.......I have 3 E85 pumps near my house but if I want to go venture further out like a car show or something it will be trailer and a bunch of cans to go. I go to Ocean City car show which isn't that far but about an hour out there are no more corn stations.

Users who are viewing this thread