Will it lasts????

malibu78

Established Member
Gentlemen,

I have a late build 2012 6m 3.73 base model GT. I currently have a tune and CAI. I am attempting to build 10 second combo. But need input. I would like to install a NX wet kit on the car and would like input. This is my plan:

1. Install NX kit with bottle warmer, bottle guage, and window switch
2. Run 29.5 by 9 inch Mickey Thompson slicks
3. Confirm tuning on bottle by having it confirmed on the dyno
4. Never run more than 100 hp shot
5. When on the bottle run a 50/50 mix of 93 and leaded 110
6. Running Stock clutch, trans, driveshaft and rear end.

I baby the car when driving it ont he street. At the track I drive like I stole it. The car will see 10 1/4 mile passes a year. HOW LONG Will THE STOCK Clutch, trans and rear end last or am I tempting fate.

Strpperpolef150

Established Member
First off go with nitrous outlet or nitrous express. Had to many friends with problems with nitrous express solenoids. Next why only a 100 shot? A 150 would put you well off in the 10s given that you can drive (don't know you so I threw that in there). A 50/50 mix is not needed, especially for a 100 shot. I know a lot of people shooting 100-175 shots on 93 every weekend on cars without any issues. It's all in the tune and safety switches (fuel pressure, wot, rpm, etc). If you're really worried run a dedicated full cell with e85 or c16. Lastly, that's a really big tire. I'd go 28x10 MT slick.

malibu78

Established Member
First off go with nitrous outlet or nitrous express. Had to many friends with problems with nitrous express solenoids. Next why only a 100 shot? A 150 would put you well off in the 10s given that you can drive (don't know you so I threw that in there). A 50/50 mix is not needed, especially for a 100 shot. I know a lot of people shooting 100-175 shots on 93 every weekend on cars without any issues. It's all in the tune and safety switches (fuel pressure, wot, rpm, etc). If you're really worried run a dedicated full cell with e85 or c16. Lastly, that's a really big tire. I'd go 28x10 MT slick.

I have been fortunate to have a few good mentors teach me how to drive a manual. My best time in the car is 11.86 at 117.27. My real concern is the clutch, rear end and trans, when launching with slicks. The reason for the tall tire, is nitrous seems to work better when underload. I run a taller tire on my drag car when spraying and it always runs better with the taller tire.

CharlieR

Established Member
Gentlemen,

I have a late build 2012 6m 3.73 base model GT. I currently have a tune and CAI. I am attempting to build 10 second combo. But need input. I would like to install a NX wet kit on the car and would like input. This is my plan:

1. Install NX kit with bottle warmer, bottle guage, and window switch
2. Run 29.5 by 9 inch Mickey Thompson slicks
3. Confirm tuning on bottle by having it confirmed on the dyno
4. Never run more than 100 hp shot
5. When on the bottle run a 50/50 mix of 93 and leaded 110
6. Running Stock clutch, trans, driveshaft and rear end.

I baby the car when driving it ont he street. At the track I drive like I stole it. The car will see 10 1/4 mile passes a year. HOW LONG Will THE STOCK Clutch, trans and rear end last or am I tempting fate.
IMO(Fact's the way I see them :burnout:)
1,3 & 4. This will get you 10's and be as safe as any power adder no issue. Also you need a new tune for the n2o, lower timing+ more fuel(even w/ wet because the computer will pull fuel from the injectors)

2.The 29.5's will kill too much gear.

5. Do not use leaded race fuel on 2011 ^ cars. It will hurt the O2's and then #3 becomes tainted. I've run only 93 in my car w 100 dry kit.

6. This is where your issues will be. Stock clutch and trans may make 100 passes, it may make 3. Both are "iffy" for repeated abuse. :shrug: The rears are pretty stout but not "bullet proof"

Hope it helps, have fun.

Last edited:

Strpperpolef150

Established Member
I have been fortunate to have a few good mentors teach me how to drive a manual. My best time in the car is 11.86 at 117.27. My real concern is the clutch, rear end and trans, when launching with slicks. The reason for the tall tire, is nitrous seems to work better when underload. I run a taller tire on my drag car when spraying and it always runs better with the taller tire.

Same here but not everyone is fortunate to have good friends lol. From what I've been seeing the stock clutch and rear end hold up very well. A friend of mine went through 3 mt-82s in his vortech boss. 1 of which was built. However, some people have had success with them holding up. As for the tall tire if you want to try it go ahead I just think its going to kill some gear. Nitrous is really big in my area. Most of the people I know using nitrous run a 28" tire in a variety of different cars.

byeofcr

Established Member

Im confused by the first two sentences.
Go with nitrous outlet or nx express. Then you say upu had to many friends with problems on nx express..
Im comfused. Lol

Strpperpolef150

Established Member
Im confused by the first two sentences.
Go with nitrous outlet or nx express. Then you say upu had to many friends with problems on nx express..
Im comfused. Lol

lol sorry I didn't even catch that. I was tired and probably trying to say "over" nx express. In other words I wouldn't recommend nx express. Nitrous outlet and brand x are both great options.

byeofcr

Established Member
lol sorry I didn't even catch that. I was tired and probably trying to say "over" nx express. In other words I wouldn't recommend nx express. Nitrous outlet and brand x are both great options.

gotcha.. im debating pulling the trigger on a kit, part of me says get a plate kit and be done with it or splurge and go direct port because...well because its bad ass

also sorry for the horrid spelling in the first post, i was freaking exhausted too lol

Users who are viewing this thread