Will it be/ should I ? M3,C63,5.0?

Alensvsix

Established Member
Here we are my SVT friends, Im down for a new toy.

Im deciding between these candidates and definately need your oppinions:

2012 BMW M3 E92

2010 C63 AMG

2013/2014 Mustang GT 5.0

I want to have a great allrounder since Im not a raceguy but still if I ever have the feeling to race it, I want to have a car that is actually capable of doing it.

I would be more then happy if you guys can also help me out with oppinions and suggestion wich one to buy :)

Heres the vid to the first car I checked out ( 2012 M3 E92 coupe )
Mentioned cars will follow :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HacuPpTf0f4

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
Depends on what you're looking for most.

Looks/power - Merc
Handling - BMW
Smokey Burnouts - Mustang

Of those 3 if I were choosing and maintenance cost was no matter I'd buy the Merc; you're going to get a lot of different opinions on your question though.

NinjaBum

Established Member
M3 is the most well rounded of the three and IMO sexiest of the lot.

If you ever think you were going to mod things I'd consider the 5.0 both due to lowest entry cost and cost of modifications.

Really apples and oranges though.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
I would also take the M3. Like NinjaBum said, its the most well rounded i.e bit of everything and well done. Why not wait for the new M4 instead? Should be announced soon.

TheCPE

Skeptic
Established Member
A '10 C63 AMG is going to run about 40k and from what I hear about mercedes is the perfect age to start being a headache.

The '12 M3 is going to run about 50k.

A new 5.0 premium around 36k.

If someone is giving it to me I select the M3.

If I'm paying I buy the 5.0, the M3 isn't worth 14k in MY money different.

Alensvsix

Established Member
Well I tested the M3!
IMHO dont listen to what other payed journalists say: The Mustang GT 5.0 with the trackpack and Brembo Package does actually come pretty close to the M3...except the godlike dualclutch transmission. Wich cant be topped in a billion years from now.
The huge downside, as what I expierienced is the very late coming torque punch, due to the high reving engine caracteristics.
Now for the price of the M3 I drove ( 89.000 Euros ) IMHO redicolous price...the Mustang GT 5.0 on the other hand is the best budget, fair priced car so to say. Ill still have to be carefull, as I have to first test such a GT 5.0 on my own.
I sat in one as a passenger but its a different view of beeing the driver and thensitting as a passenger. Well my friend is a very knowledged race expierienced driver ( Hockenheimring ) and evethough he didnt pushed the car to the limits it was a great overall feel. ( Suspension, Manual, Engine)
Now the C63 will for sure be interesting but still Im not believing what commercials or reviews are saying. Ill test themon my own and then decide.

Last edited:

kaz109

Established Member
A '10 C63 AMG is going to run about 40k and from what I hear about mercedes is the perfect age to start being a headache.

The '12 M3 is going to run about 50k.

A new 5.0 premium around 36k.

If someone is giving it to me I select the M3.

If I'm paying I buy the 5.0, the M3 isn't worth 14k in MY money different.

First of all You are 100% wrong about the Merc.

OP I would pick a 5.0! Its a toy and the stang is just that, FUN!..the money saved from not buying an M# could be used on mods. I personally would pick the M3 but that is just because I love the motor and it is the last yr of the NA M3 so I think it will be a collector. The M3 is every bit worth 14k more than a 5.0 but not if you are just using it as a toy

TheCPE

Skeptic
Established Member
First of all You are 100% wrong about the Merc.

:shrug:

I suppose consumer reviews, reliability indexes and people that have owned them are 100% wrong too. Maybe you've had great luck with yours...

kaz109

Established Member

I suppose consumer reviews, reliability indexes and people that have owned them are 100% wrong too. Maybe you've had great luck with yours...

Not saying some don't but to lump them all in and say they all start having reliability issues is false.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Bimmers are a tad on the ugly side. I would go with the Mercedes

kaz109

Established Member
C63- not as fun as M3 or 5.0

M3-more fun than 5.0 and better overall quality at a high price

5.0- cheap fun

As a toy the obvious winner is 5.0 IMO

Last edited:

Coiled03

Established Member
Not saying some don't but to lump them all in and say they all start having reliability issues is false.

I don't see where he said they would ALL have issues. He merely pointed that that's the mileage range at which some begin to experience issues.

Good grief......sensitive much?

kaz109

Established Member
I don't see where he said they would ALL have issues. He merely pointed that that's the mileage range at which some begin to experience issues.

Good grief......sensitive much?

lol...not sensitive and I dont cry, I workout :D......saying a 2010 starts to be a headache is a false statement. simple as that

TClark22

Established Member
I wouldn't consider anything else than the mustang for a TOY

If you were going to daily drive it then i would select the merc or the m3.

but both BMW and Mercedes have HIGH maintenance costs...my dad owns both and they suck when they break.

TheCPE

Skeptic
Established Member
saying a 2010 starts to be a headache is a false statement. simple as that

I merely suggest anyone research reliability stats for themselves when selecting a car which is what I based my statements on.

You are coming off as a bit defensive, perhaps because you've had such good luck with yours.

Anyway, I agree 5.0 seems like the more "logical" choice. But money not an option m3.

Alensvsix

Established Member
C63- not as fun as M3 or 5.0

M3-more fun than 5.0 and better overall quality as a high price

5.0- cheap fun

As a toy the obvious winner is 5.0 IMO

M3 is very poorly built, the interrior materials from the Mustang 5.0 are much much better.
High price doesnt refer about the better quality ( 360 Modena ) a P.O.S.
Well anyhow the Mustang 5.0 is a great allrounder, be it automatic or the manual version.
Were still at 40k Euros on an good equipped Mustang GT 5.0, so definately not a cheap car. ( roundabout 78k Dollars )
I cant help myself but the GT 5.0 is really a great car...put it like this and thats what I xpierienced, if the M3 didnt had the DCT it would have been equal if not worster then the GT 5.0.
Then the C63 is more or less a german musclecar with alot of torque complemented with alot alot of lack in suspension.
Interriorwise its VERY cheap equipped wich cant justify in my eyes the high price.
Still if the C63 is more fun to drive then the 2 others Im taking it.
It probably will also depend on my mood that day
I can be very unpredictable sometimes lol

4601S/C

Established Member
If money is not an object: C63. That car is so bad ass:coolman:.

kaz109

Established Member
M3 is very poorly built, the interrior materials from the Mustang 5.0 are much much better.
High price doesnt refer about the better quality ( 360 Modena ) a P.O.S.
Well anyhow the Mustang 5.0 is a great allrounder, be it automatic or the manual version.
Were still at 40k Euros on an good equipped Mustang GT 5.0, so definately not a cheap car. ( roundabout 78k Dollars )
I cant help myself but the GT 5.0 is really a great car...put it like this and thats what I xpierienced, if the M3 didnt had the DCT it would have been equal if not worster then the GT 5.0.
Then the C63 is more or less a german musclecar with alot of torque complemented with alot alot of lack in suspension.
Interriorwise its VERY cheap equipped wich cant justify in my eyes the high price.
Still if the C63 is more fun to drive then the 2 others Im taking it.
It probably will also depend on my mood that day
I can be very unpredictable sometimes lol

I disagree but that is my opinion . BMW aren't known for their interior and I understand high price doesn't mean better but I feel the M3 is still much better quality inside and out over the mustang.

Also your comments about " don't listen to what other payed journalists say: The Mustang GT 5.0 with the trackpack and Brembo Package does actually come pretty close to the M3" well that is in fact exactly what they said. So idk why you are implying they say otherwise :shrug:....unless I misunderstood your post

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread