will i need a retune after a trigger relearn?

Black11gt

Established Member
yes ive used the search button

Ive had a JDM dyno tune for over a year now and never had this issue, but recently Had EVOLUTION do a McLoed RXT clutch/flywheel (and other small drivetrain mods) now ive got the P0300 & P0303 codes.

From what i understand i more than likely need a crank trigger relearn done at the dealership.

A. Will i need to remove the tune and reintall the factory air-box? Ive heard the vehicle need to be on its stock tune to perform the relearn.

B. Will i need a retune? Ive also read somewhere that once you try to reload the old tune, it may reverse the relearn.

Thanks in advance!
-steve

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
You should be able to take it back to your tuner, he should be able to do the relearn. Yes after a clutch install this must be done. I'm having the same thing done. Im having a Paxton installed and a new clutch and my tuner is doing the relearn as well! Those codes are misfire codes because of relearn not being done. As far as i know you don't need a retune, but your tuner will know for sure!

Last edited:

Black11gt

Established Member
You should be able to take it back to your tuner, he should be able to do the relearn. Yes after a clutch install this must be done. I'm having the same thing done. Im having a Paxton installed and a new clutch and my tuner is doing the relearn as well! Those codes are misfire codes because of relearn not being done. As far as i know you don't need a retune, but your tuner will know for sure!

ok thanks!

only thing that sucks is, i have a tune only CAI and i believe it wont run unless it gets a base tune(right?). after the relearn (on stock airbox/stock tune) i would have to drop off @ tuner it as it sits with stock airbox/stock tune, so i can get the CAI put on, and retuned at the same time.. yes?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread