Will I gain Torque I can feel?

Flcracker

Established Member
So I mentioned in another post that I lost low end torque on my 2011 Roush 5.0 when I went with the H pipe. Do you know if I'll gain low end torque that I can feel when just puttin around when I go from 85mm to 82 mm pulley? The car: 2011 Roush blower, T56 Mag XL 2.97, 3:31 rear gears, etc, etc- 550whp 490tq. Thanks!

Last edited:

rotarymagic

Established Member
Throw some timing at it down low (both cams and ignition). You've got a very soft tune up so what can you really expect? You don't even need to pulley down to pick the torque back up.

Flcracker

Established Member
Hey thanks for the advice. I'll pass it along to my tuner. What do you mean when you say "You have a really soft tune up so what can you really expect."? Are you saying that the tune is conservative? Thanks.

PC03GT

Established Member
You should making a lot more power with those mods. If you do ever pulley down you will feel the difference just putting around. I noticed an immediate difference when I changed pulleys and that's on a vortech.

Flcracker

Established Member
Ok cool thanks for the feedback. I don't believe you're accurate about what the car should be making.I've looked at enough graphs and the numbers are completely on par with cars with the same relevant mods. 85 mm pulley on 93oct in the Miami heat and humidity regularly yields 550 WHP. If my car was
down on power, I'm certain Lund's people would of mentioned it.

Glad to hear about your experience with the pulley swap.

rotarymagic

Established Member
Ok cool thanks for the feedback. I don't believe you're accurate about what the car should be making.I've looked at enough graphs and the numbers are completely on par with cars with the same relevant mods. 85 mm pulley on 93oct in the Miami heat and humidity regularly yields 550 WHP. If my car was
down on power, I'm certain Lund's people would of mentioned it.

Glad to hear about your experience with the pulley swap.

Post up a dyno graph. You did get it retuned after losing the cats, correct? There are lots of catless auto cars (I know you're running a stick) pulling 1.5X 60foots with an 85mm pulley on a stock converter so I highly doubt there is actually a low-end torque issue with losing the cats.

Last edited:

Flcracker

Established Member
Post up a dyno graph. You did get it retuned after losing the cats, correct? There are lots of catless auto cars (I know you're running a stick) pulling 1.5X 60foots with an 85mm pulley on a stock converter so I highly doubt there is actually a low-end torque issue with losing the cats.

When I talk with my shop tomorrow I'll have them email me the dyno graph. Thank you Rotarymagic!

rotarymagic

Established Member
That max torque figure is suspect even for an 85mm that's why I (I'm sure others too) want to see the dyno graph.

Users who are viewing this thread