will i beat these?

cobra44life

1996 SVT *****
Established Member
i have a 1996 Cobra with my mods listed below and i was wondering if i would be able to beat these three cars:

- 2004 BMW Z4 (stock)
- 2003 Lexus IS300 with a chip and exhaust
- 2001 Camaro SS (stock)

WyoTechMSA

Rampage Skeet Hen
Established Member
Ive taken a Z4 in my dad's car which has only exhaust and 3:73s. I dont know about the IS300, and I bet you could give the SS a good run.

Stang_robert

Established Member
i think he probably thought he said it the other way around....with the cobra getting "smacked the crap out of"....at least thats what i read at first

sLOWDOHC

Established Member
theres way too much thinking going on...he needs to clarify. :shrug:

Ive heard the is300s are pretty slow, but dont know first hand.

BTW, these posts arent fun, race and find out...:p

SVT Lurch

Good times
Established Member
Z4 shouldn't be a problem without SERIOUS mods.
IS shouldn't be a problem (unless it has a turbo, there's one with 600+ rw in Dallas). I drove a friend's, they're quick little cars, but not Cobra quick.
SS if it's a 6 spd and he's a bad drive you might have a chance, but you probably need gears.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
If the SS is an auto people always say to go from a very slow roll, like 15mph. That way they're in second and would have to downshift while you're still in first and you'll get the jump.

I've always kind of thought of that as cheating though....

CY98Cobra

Established Member
helluvasnake said:
What about a 95 cobra with full exhaust, CAI, 3:73 gears and pulleys? Will it take an 01 ss auto? Have a neighbor with a big head. ;)

Not unless he can't drive his way out of a paper bag. Do a H/C/I swap and show him what a pushrod Ford can do.

crystal_SVT

Established Member
helluvasnake said:
What about a 95 cobra with full exhaust, CAI, 3:73 gears and pulleys? Will it take an 01 ss auto? Have a neighbor with a big head. ;)

u could take that auto SS or give him a real good run if u can drive good, my cousin has 94 cobra with about the same mods as u an he runs 13.4's an he can usaully take stock ls1's.

SVT Lurch

Good times
Established Member
Tabres said:
If the SS is an auto people always say to go from a very slow roll, like 15mph. That way they're in second and would have to downshift while you're still in first and you'll get the jump.

I've always kind of thought of that as cheating though....
It depends on the driver of the LS1. Most of the ones I know, manually shift the car, so they'd be in first also. If they have a stall, wave bye bye to the stock or stockish Mustangs

FindemorGrindem

Established Member
ok a 95 or 94 cobra wouldn't be close with the mods listed, in the 5 ohs you have to do head/cam/intake to make them killers without that and just pipes/cai and mods listed you wouldn't come close to the 300/300 the 96 puts out. If the SS is auto you will probably be neck and neck with stock gears. I raced a 01 SS 6 speed w/ 4.10's in my 98 cobra and I pulled him by 2 car lengths to somewhere over 100 (I was paying more attention to the road than the speedo.)

QU!CK

Bite The Bullitt...
Established Member
On the road again...just can't wait to get on the
IS300's are dogs, they came from the factory with the straight 6 N/A Supra engine putting out 215hp and 218tq....I think 0-60mph is around low-mid 7's so you shouldn't have any problem at all beating one.......unless it's turbo'd then it could be a different story, but any other "bolt-on's" are meaningless as far as power goes.

-J

Users who are viewing this thread