Will GS-D3s and a 4# upper work together?

shanker

Cheesecake FTW!
Established Member
I decided to keep the Cobra because there isnt anything else out there I want to drive that wouldnt cost more. Anyway........

I have the following mods to instal: Steeda Sport Springs, Steeda triax, Steeda CAI, Magnaflow catback.

I may go with a 4# upper in the future and was wondering how the GS-D3s would hold the power to the ground.

Any experiences?

SmokenGRA03

SmokEater "LIVE STRONG"
Established Member
I have them and there not holding the ground! I my go with Nitto 555 when the GoodYears go bald...

Woodsrat

Established Member
I can answer you by quoting my reply to another thread. My Cobra is stock except for K&N drop-in and catback.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Yes, these tires are very temperature-sensitive. I am using the Goodyear GS-D3s now, but it is the same situation as the OEM F1s. If it is 80+ degrees, I can accelerate full throttle in second gear no problem. When it gets down to 50 degrees, tire spin city.

Two nights ago, I was taking some of my favorite twisty back roads up to MA. I got stuck behind a car doing 25-30mph going into a tight 80 degree left curve. After the curve there is a short uphill straight, if you are on the ball you can pass one car before the next curve. Coming out of the left curve, I smoothly but resolutely went to full throttle in second gear. The tires broke loose and the car pointed 40 degrees to the left of the road direction. I let off the throttle, made a minor steering input, and the car went back into perfect position. I reapplied the throttle a little more gently, and a second later I was gone.

It's cool that the car is so controllable in a skid, but of course the WRXs and Carrerra 4s would have been waving me bye-bye by the time I got back on the throttle.

Fast Willy

Established Member
Ya thats true but think about it a Cobra was not built for the purpose of driving those mountain roads all the time. But your right the F1's are very temp sensitive.

Users who are viewing this thread