Will exhaust leak cause lean condition @ WOT?

S/CCobra03

Established Member
I've noticed that my car is running lean (13:1) at WOT. I have a custom tune and I haven't done anything since my last tune. It was 11.5:1 before, but now it is lean. I know I have a small exhaust leak where my slip-fit LT headers meet, but would this cause the lean condition at WOT since the computer only uses the MAF and not the O2's?

SVT Keith

Established Member
S/CCobra03 said:
I've noticed that my car is running lean (13:1) at WOT. I have a custom tune and I haven't done anything since my last tune. It was 11.5:1 before, but now it is lean. I know I have a small exhaust leak where my slip-fit LT headers meet, but would this cause the lean condition at WOT since the computer only uses the MAF and not the O2's?

That shouldnt cause a problem. Sometimes LT's can cause the idle to change, but a leak shouldnt affect A/F ratio.. unless there's a vaccum leak somewhere. Since you havent changed anything, maybe a sensor is bad? Have you tried cleaning your MAF with electrical cleaner?

MJM03COBRA

Established Member
yes the check engine light will come on and the code will be bank 1 or 2 system lean, but no it doesn't mean your car is running lean but you do need to stop the leak.

Users who are viewing this thread