Will changing shocks improve ride?

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
I have a chance to purchase a set of FRPP shocks from someone at a discount. They are brand new so dont have to worry about them being messed up or anything.

Ford Racing Performance Parts []

I was just wondering if you guys think it will improve ride comfort over stock?
Or am I just wasting time and money?

My car is at stock height now and I may lower in the future.

Thanks for all input guys,
Justin

Spawn

mmjax.com webmaster
Established Member
The stock shocks are made by Tokico. I would not think that the FRPP would change the ride much. What exactly is your complaint? Is it to firm not firm enough. Bouncy what? The springs are going to give the biggest change in the ride. If you go with an adjustable shock then you can firm or soften a ride some.

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
The stock shocks are made by Tokico. I would not think that the FRPP would change the ride much. What exactly is your complaint? Is it to firm not firm enough. Bouncy what? The springs are going to give the biggest change in the ride. If you go with an adjustable shock then you can firm or soften a ride some.

Ever since I put the 20" rims on my car it feels rougher. So I was trying to soften up the ride some. The roads in Louisiana dont help much either. I really dont want to go back to 18" as I think the 20" look the best.
I thought changing springs would end up lowering car and make it ride even rougher?

SLGT750

Established Member
I have 20's and run Tokico D-spec adjustables and am very happy with the ride on the soft setting. I also eibach pro lowering springs which I beleive have a stiffer rate than stock.

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
I have 20's and run Tokico D-spec adjustables and am very happy with the ride on the soft setting. I also eibach pro lowering springs which I beleive have a stiffer rate than stock.

Does $625 seem about right for all 4 shocks? That seems really cheap compared to the FRPP ones. Unless paying for the name at some point. :shrug:

EDIT

Just found these. Im assuming thats what you have.

http://www.lethalperformance.com/07...dj-shock-and-strut-kit-front-and-rear-p-30013

Last edited:

Leonard 95

Established Member
As long as they are the adjustable ones you will be fine, since you can loosen them up some. I run the tokico's, 6 turns loose in front and 4 turns loose in back, rides nice. I say go for it as long as the price is right, it won't hurt thats for sure!

SLGT750

Established Member

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
As long as they are the adjustable ones you will be fine, since you can loosen them up some. I run the tokico's, 6 turns loose in front and 4 turns loose in back, rides nice. I say go for it as long as the price is right, it won't hurt thats for sure!

I dont think the FRPPs are as adjustable as Tokico's. I could get the FRPPs for 550 shipped. But for 30 bucks more I would rather have something that has more adjustability and used by more of the members on here.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread