Will C5 shifter fit our cars?

Cobra'03

Established Member
Mags and web forums seem to have a hardon for the C5 shift feel - is it the shifter, or what? Just wondering if the C5 shifter bolts on, and if anyone has any knowledge.

On the other hand, Eckler's has a bunch of aftermarket billet style shifters ( a la Triax, Ripper, etc.) so maybe there is trouble in paradise?

julio

Established Member
You know, I have been wondering the same thing! SLP has a short throw for the F-bodies for $99.00. Thats alot cheaper than anyone else if it would work....

CobraTone

Established Member
I thought I liked the stock shifter for a while, until one day I was trying to show off with a friend in the car and i missed the F**K out of third gear, hehe. I'm definitely eyeing a new one.

Sorry to get off topic, I have no idea about the C5 shifter. :shrug: :read:

StickyFinga

Established Member
I LOVE the feel of the Z06 tranny and shifter...albeit it is different in both respects than ours. The point is I would be more than happy to put a similar tranny in the Cobra to get that same feel.

totaled

Established Member
I previously owned a 01 Z06 and hated the stock shifter. I replaced it with a B&M ripper which I loved! Many feel the B&M is too firm but since I didn't road course it I thought it was great.

Users who are viewing this thread