Will an H pipe from a 05-09 GT fit an 09 GT500?

fullboogie

Established Member
The right fits perfectly, the left (driver's) side is slightly off. It takes a cut about 10 inches down from the manifold, bending of the flange to match the manifold, then welding to stitch it up. The rear legs of the H pipe are exactly the same between the two. Easy job for an exhaust shop, if you want to go that route.

Last edited:

spectreman

Established Member
I've found a couple of OEM H pipes & cats on the local c-list and would really like to replace the H from the current set up. I'd leave the stock cats in place and just have them cut/replace the X & H but wasn't sure if the pipe widths would fit or require more mods than worth it. Trying to keep this a moderate cost project.
Lee

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I've found a couple of OEM H pipes & cats on the local c-list and would really like to replace the H from the current set up. I'd leave the stock cats in place and just have them cut/replace the X & H but wasn't sure if the pipe widths would fit or require more mods than worth it. Trying to keep this a moderate cost project.
Lee

Lee - This may be more that you want to spend, but this is the way Shelby did it for the GT500KR............

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2008-2009-F...ash=item28245495f9:g:focAAOSwLnBX3X9F&vxp=mtr

Several of these have been listed by Shelby recently (New Old Stock) and have sold for $299.95. The owner of this used KR H-pipe linked above had this one listed for $250 over the last few weeks, but now bumped his used pipe to $299.95 also.

R

Last edited:

spectreman

Established Member
That's exactly what I'm looking for, Robert; thank you! I'm just trying to go the cheapskate route.

I'll toss in a bid & see how it goes. I saw one of these on ebay a couple weeks back cuz Shelby isn't listing them on their site.
Lee

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
That's exactly what I'm looking for, Robert; thank you! I'm just trying to go the cheapskate route.

I'll toss in a bid & see how it goes. I saw one of these on ebay a couple weeks back cuz Shelby isn't listing them on their site.
Lee

Shelby does not offer these H-pipes for sale. I talked to Tom who previously ran the Shelby auctions to find out more about these H-pipes and he said that they came across some leftover H's in a box in one of their warehouses. I had been looking for one for a while, the only option was an H from Power House Racing Parts which is very similar to the original GT500KR H, and they wanted $350 for it.

FWIW - If you go this route, keep your original X and reinstall it when you sell your car, and list this correct original GT500KR H pipe for sale and recoup some of your money.

R

spectreman

Established Member
Shelby does not offer these H-pipes for sale. I talked to Tom who previously ran the Shelby auctions to find out more about these H-pipes and he said that they came across some leftover H's in a box in one of their warehouses. I had been looking for one for a while, the only option was an H from Power House Racing Parts which is very similar to the original GT500KR H, and they wanted $350 for it.

FWIW - If you go this route, keep your original X and reinstall it when you sell your car, and list this correct original GT500KR H pipe for sale and recoup some of your money.
R

Well I won the bid on e-bay for the Shelby h-pipe so problem solved. Thanks for the tip, Robert!

And PHRP's site is now down so I'm assuming they've closed up shop since I last spoke w/their ownership.
Lee

Users who are viewing this thread