Will Adding an O/R X to Magnaflow Catback Really make it that much louder??

Cold Brew

Established Member
I have the magnaflow catback, but it just isnt loud enough for me. I've heard some people say adding an O/R X only makes it louder at WOT?

I really want my car to be louder, when just accelerating at a normal rate, and when doing a WOT blast. what are my best options money wise.

Cold Brew

Established Member
Kysnake03 said:
I have same issue, so I bought a Bassani catted x, I `ll let you know the end of this wk!!!!!!

sweet, let me know as soon as you get it on, thanks.

PhillyCobra

Established Member
No, but a friend has Magnaflows and a catted Xpipe and it's nasty sounding. My Magnaflows with stock H pipe are mellow and deep.

03SD

Established Member
I have magnaflow catback and bassani x-pipe w/ cats...its louder than with just the magnaflow catback. Not sure if I like the sound yet...need to listen to it more I guess. I probably would have got the MRT h-pipe if I did it over again.

moonltgold

Mag X and muffs

I had a catted Mag X and Mag muffs. It's somewhat louder -- getting louder and louder after 3 grand. It was smooth but what bothered me was the higher pitch, (almost ear-piercing sound after prolonged periods on the freeway), that would really bother me in that 2000-2300 rpm drone range. I finally had to get Bassani baffles in the tips to cut it the drone off --and they worked well.

Killer04

Established Member
Cold Brew said:
I have the magnaflow catback, but it just isnt loud enough for me. I've heard some people say adding an O/R X only makes it louder at WOT?

I really want my car to be louder, when just accelerating at a normal rate, and when doing a WOT blast. what are my best options money wise.

Not trying to flame, but why didn't you research before you bought your catback? The regular Magnaflow catback is not much louder than stock, if that. If you wanted it to be LOUD, you should've gotten the Magnapack Catback and an off-road X. That would be screaming loud!!

The Off-road X will definitely make it louder, but your best bet is to sell your catback and get a one that is LOUD.

Here's some recommendations:

Magnapack- sounds wicked, had that along with a Magnaflow X pipe on my 99GT and it constantly turned heads and screamed at higher rpms.

SLP Loudmouth-I've heard a lot of good things about the way this catback sounds from various mustang boards, but it seems like the general consensus is it sounds better with paired with an H-pipe.

Flowmaster-can't really go wrong here in terms of noise. I'm not a big fan of Flowmaster, I think it sounds like a barrel of tin, but to each his own.

Borla Stinger: Super expensive, not really worth the price IMHO, but lots of people like them and it will definitely be louder than your Magnaflow.

There are plenty of other options, do a search and listen to some sound files, good luck.

KILLER04

Cold Brew

Established Member
Killer04 said:
Not trying to flame, but why didn't you research before you bought your catback? The regular Magnaflow catback is not much louder than stock, if that. If you wanted it to be LOUD, you should've gotten the Magnapack Catback and an off-road X. That would be screaming loud!!

The Off-road X will definitely make it louder, but your best bet is to sell your catback and get a one that is LOUD.

Here's some recommendations:

Magnapack- sounds wicked, had that along with a Magnaflow X pipe on my 99GT and it constantly turned heads and screamed at higher rpms.

SLP Loudmouth-I've heard a lot of good things about the way this catback sounds from various mustang boards, but it seems like the general consensus is it sounds better with paired with an H-pipe.

Flowmaster-can't really go wrong here in terms of noise. I'm not a big fan of Flowmaster, I think it sounds like a barrel of tin, but to each his own.

Borla Stinger: Super expensive, not really worth the price IMHO, but lots of people like them and it will definitely be louder than your Magnaflow.

There are plenty of other options, do a search and listen to some sound files, good luck.

KILLER04

Thanks for the input. My car came with magnaflow catback on it already. I have pondered having some magnapacks welded in. I just purchased the xpipe, and if it isnt loud enough, I might buy some magnapacks.

Do you think this will be annoying on the freeway?? I take a 4 hour trip twice a month and dont want to be drowned out by exhaust noise.

Users who are viewing this thread