will a SRA swap in a terminator push wheels out?

1/4MILEMUSTANG

wish I was fast
Established Member
im getting ready to get a SRA to do the swap on my cobra. Question I had was if a SRA out of a 99-04 mustang is going to push my wheels out if reusing the rims that were bolted up to my IRS? I keep getting mixed answers about this. Some say it does push the wheels out and some say it doesnt....anyone have hands on experience with this situation?

gibsonboy3000

Established Member
yes they'll push the wheels out a little idk by how much, maybe someone can chime in on this... all i know is my rims on my sra stick out a little much, so much i had to roll the fenders to fit 305/35/18 nittos on a 18x10 rim...

itSSlow98

Established Member
Mine are tucked in a little more then an IRS.Im not sure what year the rear is though since it was done when i bought the car.
aefc7b06-5bb3-b7fa.jpg

Last edited:

1/4MILEMUSTANG

wish I was fast
Established Member
I think the pre 99 8.8's are a little narrower than the 99+. I have the 305/35/18's on mine and was thinking of maybe milling some material off the mounting pad of the rim to increase the backspacing, but i dont know how much i can safely take off.

My96z

Established Member
I swapped an 03 mach rear into mine and everything seemed to be the same to me, but I am not running steamrollers on the back of mine, just stock cobra rims.

Users who are viewing this thread