Will a Mustang GT power seat track/assembly fit on my gt500?

RBB

Established Member
Hi Guys,

Just picked up a 2011 gt500 and the seat doesn't move forward or back. Can you guys tell me if a 2011 mustang gt seat track/assembly will work for a 2011 gt500? I saw this assembly on Ebay, thoughts? Seems to be a decent price?

https://www.ebay.com/i/123034558602?chn=ps

Thanks
I can't see why not, I'm assuming the power track assembly is the same between all models. Get on Tasca and look it up for both a 2011 GT and a GT500, compare the part #s.

The forward/back motor in my track is burned out as well....the new tracks are ridiculously overpriced at almost $700.

dereknel015

Established Member
Will check it out. But yeah I saw this for under 300,which sounds much nicer than 700 to me

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Hi Guys,

Just picked up a 2011 gt500 and the seat doesn't move forward or back. Can you guys tell me if a 2011 mustang gt seat track/assembly will work for a 2011 gt500? I saw this assembly on Ebay, thoughts? Seems to be a decent price?

https://www.ebay.com/i/123034558602?chn=ps

Thanks

Yes, it will and I have all of the part numbers and pictures, the track itself, the switch, the knob for the switch (early and late design), the passenger P/Seat wire harness and the plastic trim for the passenger side for with P/Seat. I will link a recent thread I did from the GT500.com forum.

R

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Here is the link.........

http://www.fordgt500.com/forums/186...6-parts-needed-passenger-p-seat-retrofit.html

As mentioned in the link above, if the GT500 did not come with a P/Seat from Ford, 12V power will need to be brought to the seat base to power the seat, the GT500 passenger seat harness does not have the wires included for a straight "plug and play".

If you are unable to see the pictures, let me know and I will add them directly to this thread. Postimages.org has been having some issues recently.

R

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
One other comment on the price shown for a used seat track in the original post. I have found the passenger power seat tracks for far less than $700 new, I think I paid just over $300 for the new one shown in my pictures.......Maybe $350?

I know the link below is not $300-$350, but it is new and $458 including shipping is wayyyy less than $700..............

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FORD-OEM-10-14-Mustang-Power-Seat-Track-Assembly-AR3Z6361710A-PASSENGER-SIDE/331748677722?fits=Model:Mustang&epid=1411114492&hash=item4d3dc3185a:g:V1QAAOSwCmZZSERq&vxp=mtr

^^^^^As I said, New......

I had my Ford Parts Dept. friend look this part up in the factory parts literature and it fits 2005-2014 Mustang according to him.

For this upgrade the seat track is only the beginning, I believe the seat switch is around $100 and the knob, wire harness and trim panel is another $100-$150 if I remember correctly.............It has been a while since I bought that stuff, but I wanted to grab it while it is still available, as with everything, eventually it will go obsolete.

R

Last edited:

dereknel015

Established Member
Thanks for the info! I should have mentioned that my issue is with the drivers side seat which is power already. The seat doesn't go forward and backward and I hear what I think are gears grinding slightly when I can get it to move. I think the new motors/track will fix that problem. If not, then it's a switch issue I would think. Thanks

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Thanks for the info! I should have mentioned that my issue is with the drivers side seat which is power already. The seat doesn't go forward and backward and I hear what I think are gears grinding slightly when I can get it to move. I think the new motors/track will fix that problem. If not, then it's a switch issue I would think. Thanks

^^^Yes, that will make a difference LOL!! But..........if you decide to add a passenger side power seat, the info. is in this thread....LOL!! : )

If you get movement or noise when you push the button, it sounds like the switch is doing it's job. I have read other threads about driver P/Seat issues and it may be a damaged gear issue in the motor?

R

Last edited:

dereknel015

Established Member
^^^Yes, that will make a difference LOL!! But..........if you decide to add a passenger side power seat, the info. is in this thread....LOL!! : )

If you get movement or noise when you push the button, it sounds like the switch is doing it's job. I have read other threads about driver P/Seat issues and it may be a damaged gear issue in the motor?

R
That is helpful for sure, but given the notorious electric seat issues with these cars, I would be really hesitant to put a 2nd one in on the passenger side lol. But helpful info nonetheless. And my seat won't move most of the time when I move the switch, its probably 10% of the time when the seat will actually move when I activate the switch, thats why Im a little confused because I hear the grinding as well.

fullboogie

Established Member
I think I'd pull the seat and investigate before dropping coin on a new motor and/or track. You may have a $20 gear that can be replaced or something similarly small. And if it's the motor, I'd rebuild it before buying a new one. Rebuilding an electric motor is cake, and cheap too.

Users who are viewing this thread