Will a '95 rear end fit?

YoungCobra

aka BigBlackCobra
Established Member
Hey guys, does anybody here know if a rear end from a '95 will fit the Mach1?

I can get my hands on a fully built axle assemble with Auburn diff w/4:10s and 31 spline axles for 1500$ CAN( about 1200$ USD). My clutches in my posi are finished and I want to upgrade to 4:10s anyway. It is a great deal for what I'm getting but I need to know if it will bolt in.

Any input is much appreciated.

Marc (YoungCobra's brother).

Shade04

Established Member
I believe the earlier rear ends were narrower than what our Mach's have. I don't see why it wouldn't fit though (someone please correct me if I'm wrong).

But for $1200 US you could keep your existing 8.8 and build it. It may be a little cheaper if you get good buys on parts and find a place that charges reasonable labor.

YoungCobra

aka BigBlackCobra
Established Member
The labour and parts for the gears alone will cost around 700$ tax in. We pay 15% sales tax here and everything costs much more than our southern neighbors.

By the time all hte parts get to my house, with ordering from the best deals aorund, it will still end up costing me 2K, and that's still without labour.

NXSVTCOBRA

yes 94-98 rear ends fit, if you think its cheaper to go that way, dont hesitate to buy it. they're shorter but not by much, go for it! then sell your rear end you'll get about half that money back

Users who are viewing this thread