will a 15" wheel fit

lethal04

Established Member
You can use 15's with a 1 inch spacer if it's less than that it will rub Idk if it's worth it thow cause you gotta cut studs. Hope I helped good luck

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
I just ordered a set of the 17"/15" welds. Worth the premium over race stars since they are forged, made in america, and very light.

I feel the same way, I won't race on a cast wheel. Like you stated the Welds are American made, Not made in China.
Keep America working, buy American made products.

kevinp

Established Member
swap the brakes and save $$ on the wheels and tires

+1

Thats what I did, plus there isnt many 17" skinny front tire options. I swapped the caliper brackets and rotors long ago, but still havent bought any wheels lol. I notice no difference at all with the 2005-2009 rotors daily driving.

wbt

Banned
You can use 15's with a 1 inch spacer if it's less than that it will rub Idk if it's worth it thow cause you gotta cut studs. Hope I helped good luck

No way I would do this or recommend anyone do it.....

Last edited:

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
Ford Racing part number M-2300-D is 2010 rotors and caliper brackets, this can be had for around $130. Then you can run a 15" medium pad RT-S wheel.

Thanks for the part number :thumbsup:
This looks like the best option. Will the stock 2012 caliper fit or do I need the 10 calipers too?

Last edited:

lethal04

Established Member
No way I would do this or recommend anyone do it.....

Going back I wouldn't either. But it worked for what I was wanting, 15's on cobra brakes. I was always having to replace studs anytime I took welds off to put street tires on. I would just wait and save for the 17's, bolt on and off with no spacers or fitting issues.

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
You keep your existing calipers, so it's a quick swap, no brake bleeding, etc.
Thanks I'll be hitting up AM and order them today.

Going back I wouldn't either. But it worked for what I was wanting, 15's on cobra brakes. I was always having to replace studs anytime I took welds off to put street tires on. I would just wait and save for the 17's, bolt on and off with no spacers or fitting issues.
Why were you changing out studs every time you changed wheels?
The price is only one issue with the 17" wheel, the other issue is lack of tire sizes. I plan on running a 28" tall front and rear tire. You can't find a track tire 28 tall in a 17x4 rim size.

Last edited:

lethal04

Established Member
Thanks I'll be hitting up AM and order them today.

Why were you changing out studs every time you changed wheels?
The price is only one issue with the 17" wheel, the other issue is lack of tire sizes. I plan on running a 28" tall front and rear tire. You can't find a track tire 28 tall in a 17x4 rim size.

The open lugs you use for the spacer kept getting cross threaded with cut studs. Wouldn't be to bad if you were wanting to run around on skinny's all the time . . But if you gotta slam on brakes lol be prepared to slide a little.

Users who are viewing this thread