will 99 up parts work on a sn95!

kngkahious

Established Member
i'm trying to find out if i can put parts off of a newer cobra on a 96. such as the termi/navi and fr500 heads. also will a 01 cobra intake work on my car. were can i find a good set of ported sn9 heads. will a termi t56 bolt behind a 96 cobra. what about the short block out of a termi will it bolt to a sn trans.

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
You can use 99+ heads and intake on the 96 - 98 engines. MMR does a nice looking job on porting the "B" heads. There was a thread on here within the past couple of days withs pics of them. Yes the transmissions are interchangeable but you will need to modify the 96 cross member and swap drive shafts.

kngkahious

Established Member
i am thinking of putting either fr500 /termi or ported navi heads on the car. any ideas on this also i am thinkin of a 01 cobra intake or is there a better way of going. i was told the 01 cobra intake is the best intake u could get for the most part dollar for dollar.

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
na svt would be the best person to answer those questions. What exactly are you going to do with the car? Drag, road race or street terror? Is the turbo in you sig intended for the 96?

Last edited:

kngkahious

Established Member
no that turbo is not intended for this car. i am waveing back and forth between turbo or blower. i am almost certin i will have to put alot more money in this thing then i really want to but it happens. it will be a street terror that runs ok at the track but intended for the street. looking for 650-800 rwhp on blower or 800-1000rwhp on a turbo. i think i am gona go with a blower setup just because they are more fun. turbo's are nice but they are only good for the interstate.

any help on this will be greatly appreciated !

kngkahious

Established Member
1000hp daily driver, you better think that over again....
thats why i am most likley going with a blower car that make 700 rwhp . want be the fasted thing around but will be fun to drive. i'll alway have the race car to beat on for those hairy moments.

kngkahious

Established Member
for what i want to do it is'nt what i am looking for. been there done that a twin screw is much more fun to drive then a turbo car. u can ask alot of the people that build a turbo car they are fast. the turbo fun factor dosent come on untill u get on the interstate or somewere u can hold it wide open. thats the point i'm getting at.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
I hadnt seen it mentioned yet but, 96-98 transmissions had mechanical speedometers, 99+ have electric speedometers.

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
for what i want to do it is'nt what i am looking for. been there done that a twin screw is much more fun to drive then a turbo car. u can ask alot of the people that build a turbo car they are fast. the turbo fun factor dosent come on untill u get on the interstate or somewere u can hold it wide open. thats the point i'm getting at.

liek he said... misinformation... you are wrong.. and ask alot of people? yea its called this site.. theres a ton of terminator guys that have turbos(as well as some sn95s) and they are monsters... not just on the highway... so read up some more before you make that comment as turbo is becoming more popular then SC nowadays...forthose that have the money anyways...

OK first off... It would be better if you tell us what car you actually have; ur in the SN95 section, but ur car thing under ur avatar says terminator.. So which is it?
Next how much money do you really have to spend on this? throwing some of these ideas around;theyr not cheap... fr500 heads arent cheap by any means.

but otherwise, almost anything from any cobra will bolt up to our cars.. of course there will have to be some modification/ extra parts added. but thats a given

quadcammer.. its ok buddy... take deep breaths.. breath in......now let it out...

OR! hee hee hoo.. lamas! lol...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread