Will 60lbs cover the build?

swt99svt

Established Member
In the midst of my rebuild... Here's what I've got for the motor and to support E85:

- '99 block bored .020 over
- Refreshed '99 heads
- Custom ground cams
- Manley 11cc (will be looking at 9.1-9.2)
- Manley Rods
- 03/04 tank
- Return fuel system
- Kurgan hat running twin 340s
- Complete wiring upgrade
- Complete fuel line upgrade (-8/-10)
- Fore rails
- Aero regulator
- Posi ported TB, plenum, and Eaton
- SCT BA2600

If I've done my homework and with the supporting mods and compression I'd venture to say it will be in the 580+/-rwhp range... Not sure how far the 60lbs will take it on E85. Not wanting to go 80lbs till I swap the blower for idle/driveability reasons.

swt99svt

Established Member
I believe it was related to returnless systems because the computer could only shut down the flow rate enough where to get optimal idle you had to bump it to 1k versus 700? Maybe that will have changed since I'm going return?

swt99svt

Established Member
So for the numbers I'm looking at is the consensus to go 80lbs for future changes if we consider all things equal?

Next step would be twin screw but after this hellascious Eaton swap and now motor rebuild, I want to enjoy what I have as I never even had the chance to enjoy the Eaton swap and I'm nearly 15k into swap, parts, labor, upgrades, rebuild etc... A true learning experience to say the least.

Last edited:

BruceH

Established Member
So for the numbers I'm looking at is the consensus to go 80lbs for future changes if we consider all things equal?

Next step would be twin screw but after this hellascious Eaton swap and now motor rebuild, I want to enjoy what I have as I never even had the chance to enjoy the Eaton swap and I'm nearly 15k into swap, parts, labor, upgrades, rebuild etc... A true learning experience to say the least.

I've had 80's on two different setups and have had no issues. The first set were new modified GT500 injectors flow matched with a Whipple. The second set I'm using now, they are flow matched FRPP LU80 injectors. IMO flow matched injectors are the way to go. Factory tolerances are 6% while flow matched are usually within 1cc.

I got both sets from Ron at CorvetteInjectors.com Flow matched EV-6 80's with either style of connector are $399. If you aren't concerned with flow matching the FRPP LU 80 injectors are $385 from Tousley Ford.

Users who are viewing this thread