Will 3 inch tips fit on cobra?

buddha93

Established Member
With a little custom work, I don't see why not. Remember that the hangers differ from regular LX Stangs, so if your looking at a kit, you'll have to either rework them or use a different rubber mount.

cobra93

Established Member
Yes they will, but William is right, it will reuire some custom hangers. Many years ago I ran a full Bassani 3" exhaust with long tubes, cats, mufflers and tails.

scottm302

Established Member
does someone sell the correct rubber mount? This may be why the catback I have now is rubbing. Perhaps the prior owner did not know this.

buddha93

Established Member
It only needs to be a little longer. Try a exhaust shop are the parts store. I think someone said the one they used cross-referenced to a Toyota passneger car of something like that.

BTW, who the heck is William, Marc? I'm Jason.....no hard feelings man.....LOL!

Teal93

flowmaster has a new 3 inch tailpipe kit that will fit and clear big tires. Thats what I am running. 275/40 on stock rim and the car is lowered and clears also clears 26/11.50 ET street tire when I bolt them on. On the wifes car went to a shop cut of 10 inches and welded on a 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 inch stainless tail pipe to give it a lot better look and a little deeper tone

cobra93

Established Member
buddha93 said:
It only needs to be a little longer. Try a exhaust shop are the parts store. I think someone said the one they used cross-referenced to a Toyota passneger car of something like that.

BTW, who the heck is William, Marc? I'm Jason.....no hard feelings man.....LOL!

Oh, crap, Jason. Sorry. Brain-fart on my end.

scottm302

Established Member
I don't neccesarily want 3 in pipes, but it seems to be the only way to get a Mac catback. If ya'll have any other suggestions I'll be glad to here them. I also don't want to have piece together an exhaust.:pepper: (not sure how the dancing pepper relates, but its funny!):dw:

Users who are viewing this thread