Will 2nd gen seats fit in a 1st Gen?

Trmin8r

Established Member
Since I am unable to find a center jumpseat for my 94 Lightning, I was wondering if the 2nd gen seats fit in a 1st gen lightning???

Anyone have a jump seat you would like to get rid of? Anyone know where I can buy an aftermarket one, even? I would really appreciate it... Thanks!

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
i know the correct center seats are worth their weight in gold. every once in a while one will come up for sale over at the nloc or ebay. however, the center seats out of any 94-96 f150/250 will fit, but the fabric color wont match exactly. i've got a center seat in mine, but i don't know what it came out of and it really doesn't go well with the rest of the int. i'll get a pic of it tomarrow...

Trmin8r

Established Member
Lightning Kid said:
Why?! Just keep looking for a center seat.

Because I would like to have a center seat now. Plus, the later Lightning seats are nice looking and seems like they cost just much for the whole set as just the jump seat.

95 thunder

Established Member
i understand...and i am sure you have looked everywhere "but" did you check out some out of the way bone yards? depending on where you live you might get lucky (at least on a center seat out of another f150,f250) and re do....but i remember just last year a local junk yard had a lightning (actually 2) and one had the jumpseat and guy just want to sell the whole set(seats/center seat) and believe it or not he wanted $150, i did not need it cause i did not have my lightning yet....sure this was out in the boon docks and yard did not have a clue....but you might get lucky...good luck

95 thunder

Established Member
Lightning Kid said:
^ wow, that would be great to buy then sell at a much much higher price!

looking back i wish i did(at the time i did not know what i know now)...proably would of least made $500 profit

Trmin8r

Established Member
95 thunder said:
i understand...and i am sure you have looked everywhere "but" did you check out some out of the way bone yards? depending on where you live you might get lucky (at least on a center seat out of another f150,f250) and re do....but i remember just last year a local junk yard had a lightning (actually 2) and one had the jumpseat and guy just want to sell the whole set(seats/center seat) and believe it or not he wanted $150, i did not need it cause i did not have my lightning yet....sure this was out in the boon docks and yard did not have a clue....but you might get lucky...good luck

I've searched all around... Did you notice that I live in Minot, ND? :) Not a lot up here.. Still a searching though,

95 thunder

Established Member
one thing you might want to check when you find the closest junkyard...they have that computer search thing at most junkyards now and can do a "search"(nationwide) within minutes and possibly locate at another junkyard....you can be sure when you find them on ebay/nloc/or here people know what they are worth, and are asking for a arm and a leg, personally i think most junkyards know what they got too, but as mentioned "some" dont or really are not trying to soak you...anyway try a junkyard and ask them if they can do that "search" you might get lucky (or at least tell them to keep a eye out when they get one) and leave your #....let's face it, these trucks were not mass produced in the number like a regular f150,so for sure harder to get, but they do come in junkyards too...(just not as much) and when they do come in you better be on them quick cause i am sure the vultures are real close and ready to feed when they come in... (update here) here's a # that is a junkyard in my area, but can do a search nationwide...410-482-8991plus a link to online help

http://webring.cdesystems.com/

http://www.junkyarddog.com/

if it's a no no to post links on this forum...sorry i did not know

Last edited:

427Lightning

Established Member
Redo the Gen l seats in leather.Any good apholstery shop can deseam the stock seats to redo in leather. I had mine done 2 years ago in red & black leather they feel and still look great. Also they are easier to clean.A junkyard center seat could be redone in leather also.

Trmin8r

Established Member
I'm bidding on a center seat for an F-150 on the Bay, but I think I am going to pay out the a$$ on this one. What should one cost? I'll just have it redone to match the stock seats when it's all done.

Users who are viewing this thread