will 295 or 315s MTs fit on the back of my car??

torchenvy

I e-brake all FWD cars!
Established Member
I tried to use the search option before this posting,but no luck. I want to know if 295/50/16 (28X11.5x16) or 315/45/16 (27X12.5X16) will fit on the back of my '04.

I am looking to run Mickey Thompson ET Street Radials and I also wanted to see what everyones opinions are on these tires are. I plan on using them mainly at the track and occasionally on the street.\

Thanks in advance for any info.

Nicky Pass

...boom goes the dynamite
Established Member
I just put on 295 Toyo Proxes TR1s and when the suspension was unloaded, the tire would touch the IRS bolt. Every car is different!

torchenvy

I e-brake all FWD cars!
Established Member
I just put on 295 Toyo Proxes TR1s and when the suspension was unloaded, the tire would touch the IRS bolt. Every car is different!

Yeah I was looking at a customer's '04 on the lift at work and he had 275/40/17 Nitto DRs on the stock rims and the inside sidewall was approximately an inch away from one of the IRS bolts, but that was with the car hanging in the air and the rear suspension hanging down; so maybe that bolt is actually inside the rim area when the car is on the ground. :shrug:

If I could remember which site to use to host the pictures I took of the bolt/tire clearance I would post them up. Does anyone know that site I can use to host the pics?

Users who are viewing this thread