Will 2013-2014 Fusion flip key work with 2011 'stang?

Doug Marbo

Established Member
If you look at the picture of the remote in that auction and the then the replacement key blade you linked to, it looks like the key blade won't be able to fold into the body of the remote.

$T2eC16VHJHIE9nyseFk5BRVpYwekQQ~~60_57.JPG

ux_a13032600ux0609_ux_c.jpg

ERS

Established Member
If you look at the picture of the remote in that auction and the then the replacement key blade you linked to, it looks like the key blade won't be able to fold into the body of the remote.

Its tough to tell just from the picture, it really depends on the overall length of the key blade itself. I can see the end of the Fusion key blade is square and the mustang's is pointed so if I have to make room on the key fob body for the pointed end of the mustang key, thats fine with me, still worth it.

ERS

Established Member
Not only it depends on the lenght it also depends on the width. Mustang black is decently wider so it may not fit in the fusion key by width even if you adjust the length.

Im confident I can make this work, if not, at least I tried.

ERS

Established Member
The Fusion flip key came in today, but the key blanks haven't yet and it may take a while unfortunately.

So in comparing the Fusion key to the Mustang key, its going to take modifying the key fob body for the Mustang key to fit in. The length of the key blade is fine, but the Mustang key is considerably wider sadly. The mustang key is approx. 0.350" and the slot in the fusion key fob is approx. 0.285". So if you have no interest or ability to open up the key fob body, then this will not work. I personally have no issue modifying the body at all to make it work for me, so on to the next issue.

I have no idea if the key fob will even program to the car. I only have one set of keys for the car so Ill need to go to a locksmith or the dealer to have the fusion key programmed. I plan to do this prior to modifying the key fob to fit the mustang key so if it won't program, I can still return it.

Ill update as soon as I make anymore progress.

photo 1.JPG

photo 2.JPG

ERS

Established Member
FWIW the fob will not program. They use a different setup on the newer cars. The 05-14 Mustangs use the legacy PATS from that first appeared in the Ranger around 03-04.

Well that sucks.....

Users who are viewing this thread