VENOM98

NOVI POWER
Established Member
SoCal Wild Horses Meeting-
Date: Sat. November 1st , 2003
Place: Norton Air Force Base
294 S. Leland Norton Way
San Bernardino, CA. 92408

Time: 11:00 AM (Tentative, may be changed)
Time for racers: 8:00 AM (First car starts at 8:30)

Things to bring (non-racers): Chairs, cash for food, canopy if you have one. It's FREE to watch.

Things to bring (racing): Helmet, $40 to race (must register before event)

Map: http://www.scnax.com/maps/norton_map.jpg

The meet is taking place in the background of a AUTO X practice event held by SOLO2 (www.solo2.com)

If you would like to just watch, just show up at the posted time, or you are welcome to show up early to watch the racing, ride along with other racers, etc. You must wear a helmet if you want to ride along.

If you would like to race your car...

Visit, register on www.solo2.com, go to EVENTS, click on November 1st and follow all the instructions. (The link will be highlighted when more information is available.) Also visit the message boards for more info.

It's normally $40 to race. Bring a helmet. There are also some you can borrow at the event, but there may not be enough.

See you all there!

FAQ
Q. Do I need a sports/race car in order to compete?
A. No, You can race any car that you want providing that it meets the minimum safety requirements and is in good working condition. Make sure that you have good working seatbelts, that your battery is properly secured, and that you have all lug nuts on your wheels.

Q. My first event, What do I do now?
A. When you get to the event the first thing that you should do is prepare your car for TECH. INSPECTION, remove all loose items from your car, center caps or hubcaps should be taken off of your wheels, then go to TECH., they will inspect your car for the safety items that were mentioned above, after TECH. you should go to REGISTRATION, pay your fees and sign up for a work group. At REGISTRATION they will help you find your run group and class.

Q. What is a work assignment?
A. While you run there will be others that watch the course, pick up cones, keep track of cars in pregrid, and watch the entry gate. In return you must do these items for them.

Q. Is Autocrossing Safe for me and my car?
A. Yes, Although any racing does have an element of danger, Autocrossing is a safe sport. You are responsible for providing a safe car and driving in a controlled manner. When working the course the first rule is to be safe and always keep you eyes on the cars on course.

This post will be edited when more info is available.

This is going to be a great event. If you guys are interested register and meet us out there. You will have a good chance to find out what our club is all about!!!!!!!!!!!1
:beer:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread