Wild ride with a Crazy French Guy

Stang849

Established Member
On an August morning in 1978, French filmmaker Claude Lelouch mounted a gyro-stabilized camera to the bumper of a Ferrari 275 GTB and had a friend, a professional Formula 1 racer, drive at breakneck speed through the heart of Paris. The film was limited for technical reasons to 10 minutes; the course was from Porte Dauphine, through the Louvre, to the Basilica of Sacre Coeur.

No streets were closed, for Lelouch was unable to obtain a permit.

The driver completed the course in about 9 minutes, reaching nearly 140 MPH in some stretches. The footage reveals him running real red
lights, nearly hitting real pedestrians, and driving the wrong way up real one-way streets.

Upon showing the film in public for the first time, Lelouch was arrested. He has never revealed the identity of the driver, and the film went underground until a DVD release a few years ago.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2851488008488190547&q=lelouch>

(BE SURE YOUR SOUND IS ON)

iCEMANSGCCC

Banned
Yeah, stuff like that, and the getaway in Stockholms are crazy. I want to do that one time before I die, just once

hmmmidunno

BANNED !!!!!!!!!!
1Day-ACobra said:
ferrari 275 gtb

haha, the note at the beginning says the movie wasn't sped up or altered in anyway. No shit. It doesn't actually look that fast until he gets into the narrow, downtown streets.

lol well he was using all 6 gears at WOT lol so he was going 180+mph

Starfox07

Formerly XR4turbo
Established Member
FAKE, I read that a team of college students analyzed it seeing how long the car takes to get from one spot to another on a street, and then actually measuring that distance, and determined he never exceded like 60mph. The camera was mounted extra low for the illusion of speed. Also, the tire squeeling and some of the engine sounds are WAAAAAY of as the sound has been dubbed in. Not to say that it was all planned out, he just wasnt going THAT fast.

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
Hmmmm, seems kind of slow, could be the film though. I also don't think the sound is from the footage, it's like they added that off a sound source track, to much wheel howl.

dogfighter

4th horseman
Established Member
XR4Turbo said:
FAKE, I read that a team of college students analyzed it seeing how long the car takes to get from one spot to another on a street, and then actually measuring that distance, and determined he never exceded like 60mph. The camera was mounted extra low for the illusion of speed. Also, the tire squeeling and some of the engine sounds are WAAAAAY of as the sound has been dubbed in. Not to say that it was all planned out, he just wasnt going THAT fast.
definitely believable

coopercobra03

Custom User Title
Established Member
XR4Turbo said:

+1 I think the camera being low to the ground made it look alot faster than what he was going..

Users who are viewing this thread