Wiggle in my Sterring Wheel

Flcracker

Established Member
I have a wiggle in my steering wheel that is pretty much always there but worse on certain roads. The wiggle was reduced considerably after the front control arms and bushings were replaced, but there is still a little shimmy even after having the tires balanced and the wheels checked. What's next? Thanks!

Vert

Established Member
What wheels are you running? When I put my AM wheels on I had a shimmy in the steering wheel. I pulled the wheels off and cleaned the hubs and I removed the locking washer that holds the rotor down and it took care of my issue.

Flcracker

Established Member
I'm still with the stock wheels. The breaks are Wilwoods. I'll ask my shop about the steering shaft bolts. Thank you!!

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
Check the tie rod ends too. Sometimes they need replacing, typically only on higher mileage cars, but they will allow some play as well.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I notice a wiggle or perhaps more accurately a bump in the steering wheel when turning the wheel and backing out of a parking spot simultaneously. The car does not do it any other time and has done this since new.

1slo5oh

Established Member
I am experiencing this in my '13.... currently has 57k... brand new wheels and tires... slight shake in the steering wheel while going down the road. I know the rotors are done on it (base crap plus DD duty for the first 2 years)... I have been told the rotors being warped can also give you this issue. I will be replacing those soon so hopefully that remedies the problem.. if not I guess its time to start digging deeper into the front end...

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
What wheels are you running? When I put my AM wheels on I had a shimmy in the steering wheel. I pulled the wheels off and cleaned the hubs and I removed the locking washer that holds the rotor down and it took care of my issue.

Yes I had this same issue. My rear wheels were not spinning round. I took these little washers out and that solved my issues. They are only there for car assembly purposes.

Users who are viewing this thread