Wife's new DD...

96svtcobra1

Established Member
We finally got rid of the minivan. It was a good family vehicle for 10 years. But it was well worn after so much time being the family hauler for my family of 4.

Now to the good stuff.
We had been shopping for something that could haul the family in a bit more style, get good gas mileage, and for me...still scoot pretty good.
We picked up a 2012 Nissan Altima 3.5 SR. 270hp V6. I am pretty impressed. The car is smooth and pretty quick.
I love the power, and it handles pretty decent too.
She absolutely loves the leather, sunroof, backup camera and sporty look.

Any one out there have experience with these Altimas?

Here's a couple of crappy pics.

IMG_2258.jpg

IMG_2260.jpg

Last edited:

megameGT500

Suck it up and drive on!!
Established Member
Nice. Glad she enjoys it. We got rid of our minivan for a 2011 Traverse last year. We have 4 in the house and 1 in college. For some reason, here in Lawton, I get a lot of Altimas and Maximas that like like to try to goad me into racing. Not sure why but I very rarely give in. I think they are nice cars and look very stylish. You should race your Cobra with it and share the results. LOL

96svtcobra1

Established Member
We looked at Ford only as far as American. Nothing fit us right - Fusion was too small, Taurus has an ugly ass and is too big. I won't own another Chevy - bad experience in the past. Chrysler/Dodge offered nothing she or I liked enough to really consider.

96svtcobra1

Established Member
Shanezt - glad to hear - I was a little worried about the mpg. But she drives very little miles per year - maybe 8,000 or so. But we will be using this car a little more than the van that it replaced. The last few years we used my Ram Quadcab as our family vehicle - 12mpg around town. It will be parked a lot more now.;-)

AnthonyNoz

Established Member
nissan is my favorite car company. the gtr is out of my price range and the 370z is a 2 seater so i got the stang. i've had 3 maximas love them. the altima in my opinion is even better. only thing that kills it for me is the CVT but im sure the wife doesn't mind the comfort. congrats

flamedstang95

Gettin' Dirty
Established Member
Just FYI I believe they sell a Vortech kit for them, bolt on around 125 horse. You'd surprise a shitload of people...LOL Nice looking car, congrats

Users who are viewing this thread