wifes car vs. eclipse

Mach one

Established Member
i was out driving around in my wifes 2000 sable with the 24V 3.0 in it. i was going down the road minding my own business when i notice this eclipse speeding down the road and coming up on my bumper really quick. he has room in the lane next to me to pass me and doesn't he sits on bumper so i move over and he follows still on my bumper. we come up on a light that is changing and he swerves over next to me. its some kid with his buddies in the cars. so he starts revving up his engine so i figure well this car should beat me but what the hell its been a kind of boring day so i decide to race him. when the light changes his tires spin and i mine hook up and i pull 2 car lengths on him right away. i hit about 75 and i am up to 5. i slow down cuz there is another light coming up and he pulls next to me again and says" nice car what did you do to it?" i said nothing its stock. i don't know what kind of engine he had and i am not sure of the year of the eclipse i know it looked like the one from fast n furious only without all the ground effects. its nice to know i bought my wife a fairly quick car. it was the first time i ever raced it. maybe i will drive it more often now.

TorchRedCobra04

8 Pistons > 4 Pistons
Established Member
heh yah the 3.0L v-6s out there are pretty decent
specially the duratec ford/mercury motors
another pretty decent v6 is the toyota quad cam (yah u heard right, not dohc, quad cam) 3.0L
V8 all the way, but i would not hauling my ass around in a v6 for a day or 2

Mach one

Established Member
no my mach 1 is basically stock it has an aluminum 4bbl intake and a pretty descent cam in it i hope to get it to the track this year. i drive the mach 1 usually only in the summer since the winters suck up here

LBguy

must get stronger!
Established Member
Originally posted by Mach one
no my mach 1 is basically stock it has an aluminum 4bbl intake and a pretty descent cam in it i hope to get it to the track this year. i drive the mach 1 usually only in the summer since the winters suck up here
do you live anywhere near oshkosh?

03CrazyHorse

Just a GT with stickers..
Established Member
your car is the main reason i bought mine..... and 1973 but mostly yours

Last edited:

svtguy22

Established Member
yeah my dad owns a 2003 ford taurus, it has the 24v 3.0.

the power did impress me for being what it is.

here are some pics, he debadged it all and put in a K&N FIPK, superchip and a magnaflow

P1010158.JPG

P1010159.JPG

Good kill!

91tbird

Established Member
If its the older body style (pre 2002) then you raced a 17.4 second GS eclipse. if it was the newer body style, you either raced a 15.9 second V6 or a 17.2 second 4 cylinder.

Those Tauruses are such sleepers ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread