Wifes 99 Gt AND MY 95 5.0 GT-S

STrikerSix

Established Member
i'M SOMEWHAT DISSAPOINTED IN THE NEW gTS.. HELL THERE ARE MANY A CAR OUT THEIR THAT CAN RN WITH IT.. EVEN THE ACCORD 6SPEED. RUN A 5.9 AND 14.5.. AS WELL AS THE sRT -4 THE wRX (NON sTI), LETS SEE AM I MISSING SOME OTHERS... HELL I HAD A S NICELY MODED V-6 F-BODY GIVE IT AGOD RUN..AND WA DRIVING..

WHAT UP mY gTS WAS A ROCECT OF COURS IT WAS g-40'S OUT AND A NICE DRY SHOT OF 70 EXTRA PONIES.. MADE IT MAGNIFICENT.. SOME SUSPENSINAL WORK AND IT WAS A KILLR.. BUT THE 01/02/03. DAM WHATS UP.. 260 HP FORIGHE v-6 SURPASS THAT WITH LESS DISPLACEENT.. .. NOW ON THE UP SIDE A SET OF GEARS, A MAF TB UNDRIVES / TIMING ADVANCE WHEEL AND CHIPPED WITH SORTIES AND A SLICK CAT BACK.. WITH OR WITHOUT AN X.. TURNS THIS CAR INTOS A LOW 13 CHIPPING IT TO REV BEYONd THE 6250 LIMINTER.. LIKE 6400 HAS PROVED SAFE IN MY EXPERIENCE..

BUT HAS fORD JUST ABONDONED THE GT.

( OPPS SOORY FOR THE CAPS)
i mean they look good.. HANDLE WELL,especailly the newer ones..but what, since the rumored demise of the F-body back in 00 they decided not to pump the Gt up..damn for thie cost a small s/c on the Gt this year would have been killer.. they would haven't needed to use the MAch 1.. which by so many mags has such a Et discprency.. i doubt the low number to be honest .. its a Cobra.. and as such will not see this side of 12 no matter what(stock) maybe on slicks and a 4000rpm dump. maybe.. the Auto looks promising.. maybe they learned somthing from the Lightning.. its consistant and with the correct factory TC will come out screeming

any gt owner a bit dissapointed.. your car is square in the sight of Srt-4 and the Soltice when it arrives.. actually the Srt has proven 13.9 and the Soltice with RWD and 240hp being much lighter might be an interceptor with a mid 13 punch

just curious are the Gt owners a bit frustrated?

Blackgeetee

Established Member
Sorry you're disappointed in the new GT's. A 260 horsepower V8 rear wheel drive coupe that runs high 13's bone stock and still gets decent gas mileage is hard to beat in my opinion. And besides, these cars are so easy to mod. Who the hell leaves their's stock anyway?:shrug:

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by Blackgeetee
Sorry you're disappointed in the new GT's. A 260 horsepower V8 rear wheel drive coupe that runs high 13's bone stock and still gets decent gas mileage is hard to beat in my opinion. And besides, these cars are so easy to mod. Who the hell leaves their's stock anyway?:shrug:

Wow...u understood the thread?

Sorry but it took me 2 tries before my head was hurting me :shrug:

Uhm...i have not seen any import go into the 14's at the track. They were all in the 15's. But that was with a 2710 foot elevation. Also in Carlsbad 1/4 track id only seen 1 crazy CRX that was beating all the 03Cobra's but he had some major work done to the car....other wise i cant see them running into the 13's stock.

On a Roll a WRX is pretty close to the GT's but id rather stick with the GT's since they look better :p

STrikerSix

Established Member
Sorryabot the spelling.. pain meds.. but the fact is i've seen 13.9 and recently 13.7 Srt-4 at 19.9 k dollarsthe Sti and Evo aill crush the Gt though they aremore expensve and as you all know.. turbo / superchargered cars cost much lees to modify and get fantastic results..

i hear ya i didn't leave my wife Gt stock.. but needless to say with multiple bolt ons and synergy is a word i use often.. it still only managed 13.3's and thats doing t right
yeah i am and many of you ego aside are too.. you just won't admit it.. its basically a 14 flat car even in good hands.. that not saying much when a 6 speed Accord runs 14.5 bone stock..
garnbted all the right American .. ilove ingredients are their.. but 260.. hell the S/c Gtp and regalgs put that out and many Na V6 or inline sixes do.. the trailblazer inline six produces 275hp..
i really think ford forgot about the Gt in the sceam of things.. it become the 6 cylyder version of the fleet.. with a v-8 sound.. and thats a sad fact.

by the way besides my spelling which ya all seem to concetrate on more than the content.. i do not have the Gt49 5.0 GT-s.. a special car.. it need a rear clip which is fine.. th bodyshop i use will do a perfect and even more rigid body than before..

Back to the Gt..when the Soltice appears the Srt -4 line up withit.. theregular Wrx its a drivers races.... iman a Gt is a nic e car no doubt.. i love my wife andthat was here preference as i'mniether Gm nor Ford but both.. which puts me in a unique position.. i've walked in both shoes.. righ know i prefer my Lt1 and Ls1.. the lt1 has s o much stock bottm end potential.. easily in the 600 rw with out any intenl mods necessary the Ls1 was designed closer to its limits but i've see a few brave souls take it to600 on stock bottom end,.. ndhe one i know lasted 1-2 years .. no failure they decided for a stroker or general builtd as new and improved parts come out

i had a 99 Cobra vortech compliments of Steeda so i know

but i really think in the last 3 years the GT has been neglected in a big way.. disagree all yo wat but yu know a rwd hipo ford running 14 flat with a slick V-9 sohc aitis.. is not uptp speed. perhaps if it g's in the 9's and slolomed inthe 67 range and stopped better..then an excuse could be amde bu theGt 's ive seen in autocross get sluaghtered bytheir gm counterparts the lowly t/a ls1 and lt1's and Z28's and thatis not right.. i now youay the ls1is the Ls1 but ram air on the birds give it more than a 15 hpp diffeence it more especially on the roll. with the sock set up minimun anothr 10 oe so open up the baffles with bolt offing and thowing 10 dollars worthof weather stripping and you are seriously looking at another 20 or more depending on the speed.. so imports.. look again,, a hyundai tib runs a 15flat on a well amde version and its track time stock is a mere 1.3 seconds behind the boxster s at botton willows

yeah eh japs are aiming hard at the Gt.. it always ben their benchmark..and you think the Srt-4 will go unaswerd in the price range.. think agian
i'l tellyahis it500 dollars aSrt/ f-body nd dsm only mechinic shop.. made his srt 4 go 12.5 granted labor was free but thik about that snapping 1.5 seconds fro 500 dollars.. sh&t your lucky to get a decentcatback that will giveyou 10rhp for that
no face it the Gt has lost its status... and 4 banger are going to more than enough to take its middle of the ground crown
damn just a 6 ps1 vortech.. at volume price.. it would cost less than 1500 to add to the price

Blackgeetee

Established Member
Think about this. Ten years ago, the power the current GT is putting out would be one of the fastest cars around. I think sometimes people forget that. The GT was never really intended to be a drag strip king anyway. The current Cobra line is probably the best muscle car EVER built. Not only is it extremely fast bone ass stock, it's incredibly easy to modify.

Ten years ago, back in 1993, could you imagine a Mustang putting out 450+RWHP (500+ crank hp) with a little over $1,000 worth of mods?

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Blackgeetee has a very good point.

Also note that the STI & EVO is more expensive compared to the GT. Plus getting them to launch off the line :eek: Talk about slipping the clutch at high rpms.

I really cant compare the GT to those 2 since they are a bit expensive & not all folks know how to launch them right either :nono:

I love the GT. If my friend never let me drive his 89GT i would of been in the Import Side but im glad he pointed me the right way.

Example. GT out of the box for its price is very fast. 03Civics are about 15K....its not going to be a cheap upgrade for them to get it as fast or faster then a GT.... Also a GT has more potential to gain more HP & quicker ET's & not look like u had to strip to damn car apart.

Man talk about pain killers....u really cant control ur finger?

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Originally posted by GR8WHITE
Welds front & rear slicks out back.
3:73 gear
FRPP Aluminum D/S
Steeda pullies & Timing Adjuster @14degrees
Full Densecharger Cold Air Pickup
Bassani catted X
87MAF
FRPP 70mm TB
Steeda Double Adjustable Upper & Solid Lower rear control arms
UPR Chromoly Kmember/A arms
D&D front coil overs

Rear seat delete
Jack & spare removed
Any other weight removed (CD's, jackets, glovebox contents etc.)

I was farther down in the 12's than I thought I'd be.

I'll post the link to my 13.62 stock slip.

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
13.7 stock SRT ROFLMMFAO!!!!
:lol:
Sure, their 250 BHP and 250 BTQ is much better than our rated 260BHP and 300BTQ.

Those ratings are the same from 99-current. There has been a compression increase,different MAF, different EEC programming and a couple other changes since then. My stock 2001 made 245 RWHP and 287RWTQ. That's around 290BHP (290*.15 = 43.5 290- 43.5 = 246.5) and 340BTQ (340 * .15 = 51 340 - 51 = 289) Here is the stock dyno

STrikerSix

Established Member
Saw it on the Srt-4 with difernt meat on the rims which were just replacedmets.. as you know the Cpu learns as well and favoravble temp and humidity wason is side..

hey i don't want to belive it eiither..

butyourlaughing would be crying especially whe i saw my Mechan who works on F's and dsm and the Srt only made several 12.5 uns wit a mere 50 dllar investment.. nd no it wasn't NOs

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Originally posted by STrikerSix
Saw it on the Srt-4 with difernt meat on the rims which were just replacedmets.. as you know the Cpu learns as well and favoravble temp and humidity wason is side..

hey i don't want to belive it eiither..

butyourlaughing would be crying especially whe i saw my Mechan who works on F's and dsm and the Srt only made several 12.5 uns wit a mere 50 dllar investment.. nd no it wasn't NOs

:thumbsup: Riiiiiight $50 will get you enough HP to go from 13.7's to 12.5's. That would be in the neighborhood of 100hp.:lol1:

STrikerSix

Established Member
My Bad $500 and free labor.. approx 130-1500 to me and you

i now the mopar stage 1 kit is prt of it.. and the rest of the parts ..one of his youngings brought a computer printout.. you'd be surprised how cheap aerican 4 cylyder part ar like boost contrller 49 buck down pipe.. i forget..maybe a bit more but

anyway for the guy Rotflhao check Motor trend JUne issuue their Srt 4 ran a 13.9 so really is a 13.7 so out of reach .2 tenths thats driver track porep temp..

so sad you don't want to beleive.. the Gts the sn 95 aren't all rthat they have not kept up.. yes the 2005 's will be much better.. but right now the 99-04 GT's SUCK compard to the compitition.. imean they should be ruling stock production and they are not

STrikerSix

Established Member
Ops sorry great white i didn't know it was you

yeah check motor trend.. and they suck.. for times
and the corect version was 1300-1500 dollars and the 13.7 was usingstret radials not drag radials.. just slightly softer compound.. remeber with these skinny tired 4 bangers they tend to use a more al season tire sowhen replacement comes arund.. yu use a dry weather tire.... i ripped of the good years on my 99 Cobra a putFirestone Firehawks FZ50' and they were a huge improveent before the dr's

Blackgeetee

Established Member
Dude, I'm half tempted to delete this. If you can't type English then don't type man......Too damn painful to read. And I have a pretty respectable attention span...:read:

Grim's Reaper

NEXT.....................
Established Member
This thread has seemed to have drifted off course. I am very pleased with the performance of my GT, and of course it is NOT stock. It runs mid to high 13's.
Anyone can do all the "magazine racing" they want, personally I don't give a shit what motor trend says those imports can do. It is different on the streets and at the track.

STrikerSix

Established Member
Yeah well join the track buddy and the street .. i've watched Gt's get beat by factory stock Srt-4's.. ya know they come with a stage 1kit foran extra 500 bucks increases boost by3.5 lbs and new Cpu and injectors and they run 13.5 Factory stock equipment...IE warranteed

sorry i've been their done that with the Gt my wifes , my Cobra.. and its an embarrasment to ford.. Wait till the Soltice..oh a S/c 240hp 4banger GM raping a Gt.. please.. why do you think the plateforwm is being retired.. cause its non competative and before you even go into the F body.. beleive me.. since the F even a 6 speed ,, could outslalom , outbreak and out g you 03 cobra's allit need was a LS6 Motor.. and you'd all be crying the blues.. the fact that a Bone stock Heffer Ws6 Automatic ran consistant 13.ox and 03 cobra's are hardly braking into the 12's is a sad testiment ..or a should say a strong testimant to Gm comitment to NA pushrod technology.. if you did n't read about the Ws6 i owned stock dynoed 3 times so say 320 was its average.. which it was thats 380 flyweel hp buddy..01-02 Ws6 and SS are rapiers

Blackgeetee

Established Member
Originally posted by STrikerSix
Yeah well join the track buddy and the street .. i've watched Gt's get beat by factory stock Srt-4's.. ya know they come with a stage 1kit foran extra 500 bucks increases boost by3.5 lbs and new Cpu and injectors and they run 13.5 Factory stock equipment...IE warranteed

sorry i've been their done that with the Gt my wifes , my Cobra.. and its an embarrasment to ford.. Wait till the Soltice..oh a S/c 240hp 4banger GM raping a Gt.. please.. why do you think the plateforwm is being retired.. cause its non competative and before you even go into the F body.. beleive me.. since the F even a 6 speed ,, could outslalom , outbreak and out g you 03 cobra's allit need was a LS6 Motor.. and you'd all be crying the blues.. the fact that a Bone stock Heffer Ws6 Automatic ran consistant 13.ox and 03 cobra's are hardly braking into the 12's is a sad testiment ..or a should say a strong testimant to Gm comitment to NA pushrod technology.. if you did n't read about the Ws6 i owned stock dynoed 3 times so say 320 was its average.. which it was thats 380 flyweel hp buddy..01-02 Ws6 and SS are rapiers

That's cool, everyone's entitled to their opinions..:beer:

Me personally I prefer the Fords for reasons I've already stated above.:D

And I like tacos.

STrikerSix

Established Member
Yeah whatever

i've been actively on thedrag stripand Ato X for 2 decades .. when i sa the Srt-4 and drove it i sid no way.. till i PERSONALLY watched them beat all sorts of V-8's especially withe factory stage one kit..

i don't mag racebut they at least set the cars up as the factory suggests,, full tank, all fluids toped off exact tire pressure ..and if they can get a 13.9 out of a non stage 1 Srt-4 buddy you better believei it..andits all too easy to make hem mid 12 cars cost them les than for for you to crak a 13 flat.. that mean for approximately (without tax0 22k it would easily take out a stock 03 cobra.. like i said that plateform is dead and unfixable

and to those who do not believe the 13.0x over 10 run on a 02 Ws6 t top automatic
i don't care i rn easy 13.1x at about 800 miles.. and the Ls1 take abut 7k miles to fully break in..
and the dyno.. Go to SLp performance forum.. there are hundred of especialy 01 that esily ached 315-325.. was the average.. bone stock and even Auto's with the chaanges alot of ya all were nt aware of IE LS6 hand me downs so to speak.. being heavier even if they were to have put 01 LS6 power into the f body it would make them very close c5 equals.. and still slightly slower than 01-02 Z06.. i wonder why in 01 Ws6 and C5 were turning within a 1/10 of each other???

The Soltice is also a certainty a RWD 240 hp sc 4 abanger made of composite materials.. IE leight

and justto recap the Srt 4 does in fact put to the ground more Hp than the GT.. and is shy about 30-40 lfllbs f torqu.. and since it weighs 400 lbs less.. well d your basic physics.. they have forgot the gt since the 99 upgrade i meane imagine or relieve the 96-97-98 Gt what a joke .. They abandoned it while working on their SVT programs

and really i don't need to hear an Auto Ls1 isn't fast.. try one out.. and if knows how to luanch you be rowing madly as he puts his arm around his girlfried at let the auto shift right at red line with a 2nd and 3rd chirp

Blackgeetee

Established Member
After reading through this thread, I've decided to drive my car into a tree.:read: I can't take all it's shortcomings anymore...:bored:

Users who are viewing this thread