Wife's 2015 Edge Sport 2.7L Ecoboost!

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Just picked it up last night. 2015 Edge Sport in tuxedo black with the 401a package and vista roof panel. 34 miles on the odometer.
a3d10fd65526c14b9be55f7007001cf6.jpg

Her in the driver seat getting instructions on how to operate everything.
a856a8f639e670ef2aab3036cc0eaa97.jpg

So far she loves it. Great ride, plenty of power and features through the roof.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Nice pickup! Gotta let us know how it performs :beer:

She wont let me drive it! I hope to get a few miles behind the wheel this weekend as we are taking a trip into Virginia for a family occasion. If she doesnt let me drive ill make her launch it and get it on video. So far when we were on the extended test drive she got into it a little and it felt quite powerful.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
A better picture.
b200f2a0659c92278ca97324878edd74.jpg

Also found that the K&N drop in filter is part number 33-5000. Gonna pick it up this week.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Drop-in filter installed. No real difference except a little more turbo noise from the outside. Ordered the rear cargo mat from Matt @ Auto Nation Ford.

Only thing left will be a tune after the warranty is done at 60k. Hope to clean up the shift points(worst part about the truck) and maybe get a bit more power out of it.

Mach828

Established Member
I'd sport an edge. That new 2.7 is stout. Wish they had that available in the previous gen, as I prefer the styling slightly over the 15. Nice ride!

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Looks great. Interested to see what Livernois can do with this car and what sort of 0-60 and 1/4 mile times a tuned sport can crank out.

Praying for downpipes and a tune. I think if the torque management in the transmission is turned off in 1st and 2nd gear that it would pick up quite a bit in the 0-60 and 1/4 mile times. Its a dog in the first two gears for some reason. I really hope its not to save the transmission.

The stock induction system doesn't look too bad. Huge box with 3-4" inlets for both turbos. I'm guessing that isn't a restriction. The stock exhaust is def in the 2.25" range and may be the biggest restriction.

FastRedPonyCar

Powered by Cuisinart
Established Member
Praying for downpipes and a tune. I think if the torque management in the transmission is turned off in 1st and 2nd gear that it would pick up quite a bit in the 0-60 and 1/4 mile times. Its a dog in the first two gears for some reason. I really hope its not to save the transmission.

The stock induction system doesn't look too bad. Huge box with 3-4" inlets for both turbos. I'm guessing that isn't a restriction. The stock exhaust is def in the 2.25" range and may be the biggest restriction.

They may be limiting boost in the low gears to reduce wheel spin. That's what Volvo did on my S70. Only 5psi in 1st gear and 10 in 2nd gear then the full 14 in 3rd and overdrive.

I had a manual boost controller on my other turbo S70 and at full boost in 1st and 2nd gear, the car was SOOOO much quicker and more fun.

If that's what ford has done with this edge then I'd be curious how much they pulled back and what the car would feel like with all the boost off the line.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
They may be limiting boost in the low gears to reduce wheel spin. That's what Volvo did on my S70. Only 5psi in 1st gear and 10 in 2nd gear then the full 14 in 3rd and overdrive.

I had a manual boost controller on my other turbo S70 and at full boost in 1st and 2nd gear, the car was SOOOO much quicker and more fun.

If that's what ford has done with this edge then I'd be curious how much they pulled back and what the car would feel like with all the boost off the line.

If the truck was front wheel drive i could see that but with a full time AWD system? Doesnt sound like the problem to me. I am thinking its to save something from a major breakage. Be it the transmission, PTU or maybe even the driveshaft.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
If the truck was front wheel drive i could see that but with a full time AWD system? Doesnt sound like the problem to me. I am thinking its to save something from a major breakage. Be it the transmission, PTU or maybe even the driveshaft.

same system in the SHO/Explorer Sports? Really haven't seen or heard of any trans or PTU failures. I've heard about PTU's getting dangerously low on fluid though. Xsport is at ford now for a fluid change in that system. Currently sits at 51K miles and 0 issues ever.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
same system in the SHO/Explorer Sports? Really haven't seen or heard of any trans or PTU failures. I've heard about PTU's getting dangerously low on fluid though. Xsport is at ford now for a fluid change in that system. Currently sits at 51K miles and 0 issues ever.

Not saying a failure. Just bad programming. Torque restriction by the TCM to save whatever cant handle the full power load in the lower gears.

fr03cobra

Established Member
I had the 2013 explorer sport traded it for the 2015 expedition with the 3.5 EB. needed more room.lol I like the new edge just not a lot of room.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
I had the 2013 explorer sport traded it for the 2015 expedition with the 3.5 EB. needed more room.lol I like the new edge just not a lot of room.

You would be surprised at how much room there actually is. We fit 2 twin mattresses and a box spring in ours plus like 3 boxes of sheets/comforters. It can fit alot once the seats go down.

How do you like that Expedition with the 3.5? My dad is looking into getting rid of his old Infiniti QX56 for something newer/more tech. I have seen a few on the road and they look nice as hell. The front end cleaned up real well with the new grille and front bumper.

fr03cobra

Established Member
I love it even though the wife drives it more room every where. Got the 4wd platinum EL 22 inch rims . 69k was the sticker on mine though.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
I love it even though the wife drives it more room every where. Got the 4wd platinum EL 22 inch rims . 69k was the sticker on mine though.

Gotta tune that thing. It will fly for being a boat.

Livernois just released the Edge Sport tune.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Another update. Wife's original Sport got bought back for a fault body water channel. Recall due to mold and mildew contamination.
New one is the same truck but with fixed recall issue and air bag seat belts plus the 21" wheel/tire package.
Same color ad everything else.

Users who are viewing this thread