Wife traded in the the Exploder 2 weeks ago for this?

ragansrcobra99

That R has a CLOCK?!?
Established Member
Heh, I'm jealous as heck, at least she let me tinker with it a bit. It's an 06 Pony Package V6. We ended up getting into the suspension quite a bit, as the stock shocks/struts simply didn't like any type of spring. We added an adjustable panhard bar, Tokico adjustables (which are surprisingly nice!), and Eibach pro-kit springs. Changed out the front grille to get the GT look, and here we go:

51477.jpg

51478.jpg

51479.jpg

51480.jpg

51481.jpg

In case it isn't obvious, I'm jealous of her car. It's really making me want to sell the cobra, and find a theft recovered 05 and build a different track car. :burnout:

Steve

S

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Steve:

I must say, your wife has good taste in cars?!?!

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

PS I dig those wheels! :bowdown: What are they?

ragansrcobra99

That R has a CLOCK?!?
Established Member
Bruce,

HP Design "Lightning" wheels, 18x8 and 18x9, 35mm offset. Relatively inexpensive, and I think perfect for that color, "throwback" yet "modern". LOL

I'm going to try to talk her into driving it up for Gingerman in Sept.

93SVTCobra

Established Member
Thanks for buying a Pony Package car!

Is it a stick or an auto? The V-6 manual Pony Package cars are one of the best kept secrets coming out of Ford right now......

ragansrcobra99

That R has a CLOCK?!?
Established Member
Mark,
While I would have prefered a manual, it's hers, so it's an auto.

I will say, short of the V8 and shaker 1000 stereo, it has all options available to the GT. Noticeably the ABS, addition of a rear sway bar (GT) and a GT front sway bar. To be honest, I didn't know the PP was available with a manual, but I have read that some are ordering it with one. She liked everything but the stripe and the 2+2 style grille. She thought the honeycomb openings were too open. I've been damn impressed with the car. A cold air intake and predator are on the way, and I'm going to try to tweak the drive-by-wire and shift points with it.

I just thought, I really need to get you and Brian that IRS cradle.....

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
congrats steve! hope to see it in sept!

+1 on the wheels! seems they are a fan favorite, and rightly so, they look great on it!

my brother just leased (X-Plan deal) an 06 premium V6 automatic (I gotta teach him to drive stick) in sonic blue (if its still called that?) and he is loving it! its his first "non-minivan" vehicle since beginning a family 8 years ago....

mark, I also heard the V6 stick is an impressive package!

if I decide to sell my 93 cobra, I may go for an 06GT

ragansrcobra99

That R has a CLOCK?!?
Established Member
Hey there, old guy (Kevin, I have to be specific on this board), how ya been?

Appreciate the compliments, she's been reading replies, making cracks like "what's a Cobra now?" and the like. I'm tickled the wheels turned out to look as good on the car as they do, considering they're set for a G-35/350z and dirt cheap. If they were available in the right offset to clear the Brembos, I'd look into a set for my junk.

S

Flying Fred

"Double Nickels"
Established Member
Cool car man. I have yet to look one over closely, so I'm hoping you talk your wife into bringing it to Gingerman. While she's there, maybe we can coax her into taking a ride with someone. That worked on Suzy 2 years ago, right Dean? If you're lucky, she will love it and start begging you to add more power to the car!!!
:beer:

ragansrcobra99

That R has a CLOCK?!?
Established Member
Fred, we'll dial up the shocks, throw some GACs on it, and see how she does! LOL She drove, oh, the year before we got married at Gingerman during the touring sessions. I bored her on track, she enjoyed riding with Dean. What can I say, it was my first event............IN THE SNOW for the love of Pete!

I don't think I'll be able to talk her out of bringing it up. She's been wanting to see everybody for a while now.

Dean95CobraR

Established Member
Wow! That is one sharp looking car. I love the color and the wheels really set it off. Ford did a helluva job on the new Mustang. Suzy and I want one so bad but it's just not in the budget. Maybe someday when I get rid of this crazy racing bug that I have. :dw:

I hope you can make it up to Gingerman in September!!

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Lucky man, I have been trying to get my wife to get a 2006 Mustang coupe. She refuses to part with her T-Bird (will she never takes the hardtop off). Will you talk to her for me?

TBird.jpg

Fourcam330

Established Member
Definitely like those wheels. Any idea if they come in 18x10" for the rear?

Last edited:

ragansrcobra99

That R has a CLOCK?!?
Established Member
Dean, I'll be there for sure, she might. It's been too long since I've been able to get out and see everyone.

Doc, if you had a 3 year old, that might help her change her mind? My wife likes the T'birds too, only there's no child provisions.....LOL

Unknown on the 18x10. When I started looking at these wheels, I couldn't find anyone listing different size/offset offerings other than the ones I bought. This is who I bought them from, I called him and spoke to him for a while before I bought them: http://stores.ebay.com/RC-Wheels I know at one time he had them in 19x9 and 19x10, they may have 18x10. Available in chrome, silver light, and silver dark (which are the ones on the car).

Last edited:

SVT GuY 281SC

Banned
Hmm, nice looking car, I just couldn't justify buying a 05 GT after I drove one...it was just too slow, but they do look so damn nice!! Good luck with it none the less! :rockon:

Whitehorse

Gearhead
Established Member
You've got a good woman!!!

Lucky guy!!! I have a hard enough time getting my wife to a car show to look at a Mustang let alone buying one for herself!!

I bet you get cool stuff in your stocking at Christmas like spark plugs, car magazines and gift certificates for speed parts!!

-Sean

Users who are viewing this thread