Wife looking into CTS-V. She may woop my ass with that.

KenneBell50

Mexican NOS kit.
Established Member
I didn't know much about the CTS-Vs but we went and test drove one yesterday and I'd say my trusty old 5.0 will get totally smoked from that thing. I guess I better just keep it for myself or step up to a terminator sooner than later. I just wouldn't feel like the man I should be if my wife was a full second faster than me.

Last edited:

DragonStang

Established Member
Engine
Type: V8
Displacement cu in (cc): 364 (5967)
Power bhp (kW) at RPM: 400(294) / 6000
Torque lb-ft (Nm) at RPM: 395(536) / 4400
Redline at RPM: 6500
Brakes & Tires
Brakes F/R: ABS, vented disc/vented disc
Tires F-R: 245/45 WR18
Driveline: Rear Wheel Drive
Exterior Dimensions & Weight
Length × Width × Height in: 191.5 × 70.6 × 57.3
Weight lb (kg): 3850 (1746)
Performance
Acceleration 0-62 mph s: 4.6
Top Speed mph (km/h): 163 (262)
Fuel Economy EPA city/highway mpg (l/100 km): n.a.

Base Price: 2006 Cadillac CTS-V - $50,675 (last update: 1/30/2006)

I'd say its time to buy a Terminator. I dont know whats done to your fox, but im sure you'd beat it from a dig. I dunno about a roll though. If you have a blower on yer car and this car beats it.... something is wrong.

:poke:

KenneBell50

Mexican NOS kit.
Established Member
No I don't have a blower on this one. My 89 GT had a Kenne Bell and I sold it so I could buy my house 2 years ago. The caddy is an '05 with 13,000 for $37k.

REPCobra10

Established Member
That would be a bad-ass car to have in your stable! The Caddy CTS-V is a very nice car and a very fast one as well. I hope your wife can handle all that power from the LS6, because they can be quite tricky to launch. They are just like the Cobra's in that department. Alot of CTS-V guys break halfshafts and such just as the Cobra guys do. I think that is a reasonable price for an '05 with only 13,000 miles on the ticker though. You and your wife should pursue that car. It serves its purpose as a family sedan for those nights out with family or friends and when you want to have a little fun, in style, you can run with some of the best sports out there on the street, again, in a family sedan. Anyways, good luck with your decisions. Take it easy man.

Last edited:

Pro SNIVELER

Banned
cadillac is a great choice for a used car, imo. my boss has an 03 DTS which he bought used,and he does nothing but rave about how well he is treated when it comes to customer service at the dealership he goes to. he says that they replace almost anything under warranty, pretty much as long as the car appears to be maintained regularly.btw, he pwns my fox from a roll...its ugly.

mustangbee

Established Member
im getting an 04' ctsv with low miles for about 32k range...i test drove one as well...BEAST! to be a stock 4 door sedan...i love the look and luxury, it blows the cobra away in everything(esp handling and luxury) maybe close performance wise...its just a better car, bottomline...and alot guys are going with mild h/c packages to get in the 450-500whp range..and thats not an extremely aggressive cam either

Traveler

Two-time SVT Cobra guy
Established Member
With the right kind of dough, the CTS-V would definitely be my choice for a 4 door super sedan...except doesn't it run on premium? Fun for sure, but I wouldn't want the gas bill. Not with $4.00/gallon being projected for regular in the not so distant future. Of course, if you can swing it, like someone said, it would be a great car to add to your collection.

mustangbee

Established Member
Traveler said:
With the right kind of dough, the CTS-V would definitely be my choice for a 4 door super sedan...except doesn't it run on premium? Fun for sure, but I wouldn't want the gas bill. Not with $4.00/gallon being projected for regular in the not so distant future. Of course, if you can swing it, like someone said, it would be a great car to add to your collection.

$30-33k used, with fairly low miles...and you cant beat 26mpg highway with a 400hp sedan :shrug: not a bad deal in my mind

Last edited:

Traveler

Two-time SVT Cobra guy
Established Member
Well, sure if you're driving constant highway miles on steady cruise but obviously when you start dipping into that throttle, you ain't getting 26 mpg. The fun factor of the car means the driver isn't going to be buying the car for economy and the average mileage is going to be considerably lower in all likelihood than what you'd get on the highway. If you're paying an extra .20 cent a gallon for premium, you're going to burn probably a few hundred dollars extra a year. If you've got it to spend, have fun. What I was saying is that I know for certain I don't...although I wish I did.

vipergts281

Established Member
Those cars are fast! I raced one a few times, from a roll and stop. It did VERY well from a roll. I destroyed it from a stop, but the driver did not get a good launch.

He had exhaust and intake on it. It would of beaten a stock Cobra and probably stayed even with a intake/exhaust Cobra.

It is a definite sleeper!

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
I was seriously considering getting one until I concluded the IRS and 6 speed were too similar to the Cobra's. I had so many troubles with this combo prior. Now if they offered it in a 5 speed auto I'd be all over it.

KenneBell50

Mexican NOS kit.
Established Member
This thing sounds like a winner. I like how caddys depreciate so much from the stand point that I'm getting it way less then new, but if I went to sell it I'm sure it would be a kick to the balls. Anyone know of any reliability issues? Parts for caddys can be $$$.

Got5onIt

Mean Green Nation
Established Member
I love mine and I know you'll love yours. Wife loves it over the Cobra even though she can't drive a stick :-D .
The best MPG I've seen in it has been a little over 20.
The only issue to be concerned about is the rear end. The rear end in the '04 models aren't surviving the HP & Torque from the LS6.
Supposedly, GM upgraded them late in '05 with a beefed up version from the STS-V and will replace previous models with the upgraded unit if they fail. Mine was replaced at 15k before the upgraded rear came out :bored:
Oh yeah, and they switched to the 6.0L LS2 in '06 as well.

Perfect time for me to show mine off :D :

CTSV006.gif

Last edited:

GH1086

Established Member
I love CTS-V's, they handle and brake amazingly well. They also can be made very fast, there was one at the track Saturday it was running bottom 12's and it appeared stock (obvioulsy wasn't) I didn't get a chance to talk to the guy to see what mods he had though, most likely was a cammed car or on the spray.

Got5onIt

Mean Green Nation
Established Member
astrocreep96 said:
^^Have you changed the color on the wheels/grill?

It has the stock V grill.
I had the stock wheels customized -> polished lip and painted black.
I modified the foglight lenses by removing them and replacing with lexan. Heated them up in the oven to get the stock orange lens off and cut the new lenses out with a bandsaw. Glued it all down with a waterproof silicon adhesive sealant.
:coolman:

Last edited:

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
Got5onIt said:
It has the stock V grill.
I had the stock wheels customized -> polished lip and painted black.
I modified the foglight lenses by removing them and replacing with lexan. Heated them up in the oven to get the stock orange lens off and cut the new lenses out with a bandsaw. Glued it all down with a waterproof silicon adhesive sealant.
:coolman:

Looks nice. One car I would definitely toss the Evo for if I could afford it.

Traveler

Two-time SVT Cobra guy
Established Member
Its the only Cadillac I would want, personally. Actually, I don't even like the base V6 CTSs but the V appeals to me. I think the lowered appearance, the larger wheels and front fascia meld better with the sharp creases and angles. The standard CTS look skinda wierd but the CTS-V is on the money. I believe I'd rather have a used CTS-V over a new SRT-8 Chrysler or Dodge.

Users who are viewing this thread