Wife backed into my Cobra

budguy1967

Established Member
:cryying: I had it in the driveway and she backed into it taking out the passenger side mirror and scratching the paint on the front quarter panel and door. I guess I should be happy she stopped before scratching all the way down the car. Luckily there isnt any body damage, only paint damage. The mirror is only $28 plus shipping. Hoping most of it buffs out.

JSpeed

Degenerate Speeder
Established Member
Well she OWES you big time. Now is a good time to get what you want :)

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
your wife should be disciplined. you need to revoke her shoe wearing priveledges. :lol: just kidding

that does suck though. i'm sure she feels pretty crappy about it, or at least i hope she would.

budguy1967

Established Member
She does feel badly...told me she didnt care the cost, that it had to be fixed. She also mentioned I could have a driveshaft made for my TKO setup. The driveshaft spacer made my vibe much worse.

Doug, you had the vibe problem after your TKO install. Did the new driveshaft fix your problem?

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
budguy1967 said:
She does feel badly...told me she didnt care the cost, that it had to be fixed. She also mentioned I could have a driveshaft made for my TKO setup. The driveshaft spacer made my vibe much worse.

Doug, you had the vibe problem after your TKO install. Did the new driveshaft fix your problem?

i'm still using the stock DS :( i've been told putting a hose clamp on the drive shaft and then playing around with it can help out. but there is a local shop that specializes in drivelines and clutches. they are the ones that rebuilt my stage 3 clutch disk. I'm going to call to see if they can balance my driveshaft with the spacer on it.

I'm also wondering if the vibes come from the DS not going far enough into the back of the trans. I'm tempted to get another spacer from UPR to see if that helps any. i think i may stop by that driveline shop when i get off work and talk to them about the driveshaft. i'll let you know what i come up with.

budguy1967

Established Member
I was told that since I had the vibe before the TKO swap, that the spacer made the problem worse. It used to be that I didnt feel the vibe until 90mph while running hard, now I get it at 60mph.

I know its got to hard on you as you did much more racing than I ever have. Whens the last time you raced?

Users who are viewing this thread