wierd vibe in rear

03SilverCoupe

Established Member
Whats up guys ive been trying to diagnose a vibration that my car has developed. It will vibrate in all gears and all speeds, clutch engaged or disengaged. The only time it will stop vibrating is when the car is cornering to the right. Anyone experience this? any help will be greatly appreciated

hurtindude

Banned
sounds like a hub/wheel bearing to me. if it goes away when turing to the right, or gets a little quiter, then replace the rear right hub..

it gets quiet because when you turn right, the body rolls and shifts the vehicle weight to the left, so less weight on the bearing means less noise and vibration...

welcome to the world of the troublesome IRS.. i can't wait to finish gathering all the parts so i can boot mine. I have a solid 8.8 going in next spring.

Last edited:

03SilverCoupe

Established Member
All the bearings are tight. Ive also just replaced the right rear bearing and no change. Im thinking its the right inner cv joint. Should I have also replaced the hub? Would a bad hub also cause a vibration like that?Any opinions?

Last edited:

03COORS

i love going fast
Established Member
The Cv Shaft Wouldn't Stop When Cornering. It Is Still In Motiong, And It's Very Unlikely To Have A Cv Shaft Cause Vibration. If It Were The Bearing The Vibration Wouldn't Show Up Till About 40 Mph And Just Get Worse. Usually Bearings Do Not Cause Vibration Just Noise. You Would Have Heard Whining Long Before Your Bearing Got Bad Enough To Vibrate. Do You Know If It's From The Front Or Rear. Check Suspension For Sure Such As Tie Rod. You Could Have A Really Loose Component That Is Being Loaded When The Vehicle Shifts Weight Left ( Turning Right). Let Us Know.

Users who are viewing this thread