wierd thing today

cobraetti

part of the zombie squad
Established Member
drove to the store and noticed a surging idle especially in park. Turned off car and went in when i came out car would not start?. Seem to have enough nut to turn the engine over but after a few try's it killed the battery (so I think). after 30-40 minutes I get a jump and it fires up? drive it home and I am getting a pinging (like timing is off) and occasional surge in idle?. So I turn off the car and again no start? let sit 40 minutes..no start again jump off and starts

I am a little confused...ideas throw them out thankful to you

Cobra 2997

Established Member
drove to the store and noticed a surging idle especially in park. Turned off car and went in when i came out car would not start?. Seem to have enough nut to turn the engine over but after a few try's it killed the battery (so I think). after 30-40 minutes I get a jump and it fires up? drive it home and I am getting a pinging (like timing is off) and occasional surge in idle?. So I turn off the car and again no start? let sit 40 minutes..no start again jump off and starts

I am a little confused...ideas throw them out thankful to you

Maybe the TFI Module on the side of the distributor ?? When they are going out, the car can do some wacky things. This is on a 5.0 pushrod Fox body right ?

cobraetti

part of the zombie squad
Established Member
OK, had battery tested nothing wrong. Brought the battery reinstalled also replaced the power wire from battery to the starting solenoid (red) it was getting a little hot as well. car cranked right up no problems...as far as the surging had a extra TPS sensor and threw that on no surge!

could it have been that easy

Users who are viewing this thread