Wierd Occurance

BL0WN331

Established Member
Last night on the way home from work, I decided to get under a light before it turned red. I got on it, when all of a sudden at about 4000-4500 it started stuttering like it was almost missing or something. Now being new to the whole L organization, I was just wondering if anybody has had this happen to them. Is it detonation but there was no popping, it was almost like it wasn't getting any fuel, or boost bypass.

Now I do have a few mods such as 6 lbs lower, Diablo chip, airaid, and electric fan

Chas

Established Member
Could be plugs, coil packs, fuel filter, loose chip, vacuum leak..
Start with the basic tune up stuff.

BL0WN331

Established Member
I plan on checking out the plugs this afternoon, I am not sure what plugs are in it, but what do you all suggest if they are the factory plugs. Oh and by the way it is an 01 with 24000 miles.

nastynivek

Nov. 10, 1775
Established Member
BL0WN331 said:
I plan on checking out the plugs this afternoon, I am not sure what plugs are in it, but what do you all suggest if they are the factory plugs. Oh and by the way it is an 01 with 24000 miles.

Start with the simple stuff...those plugs are a PITA! :mj: :mj: :mj: :mj:
I agree with RTStabler51...start with the fuel filter. My L did a similar thing to what you described about a month ago and changing the fuel filter cleared it up. I hope it's nothing major. :beer:

BL0WN331

Established Member
Hey what is going on Hellrot, that is what I was thinking, to go with the NGK TR6.

I was kind of wondering, if it might be bad gas also.

boostdacr

Removed by Admin.
Established Member
if you are running factory plugs with a 6# pulley you might want to change them to a colder plug.

BL0WN331

Established Member
Good Lord changing these plugs are not going to be fun. I went ahead and picked up a set of ngk tr6 plugs, and a fuel filter to try and fix it this weekend.

RhinoHD

Found the 12s
Established Member
It is not that bad, just take your time and make sure you have all the swivels and extensions needed. I can do it in about and 1hr and 20 min now. I think the first time it took me 3 hrs. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread