wierd issue need help

Cobra_im

********* STAMPEDE
Established Member
Was driving down the road then stopped at a stop sign went to take off and heard a pop. pulled over popped my hood and i saw the fan kind of jumping around making a noise.

Im wondering if my fan went bad. I drove it some and I had antifreeze coming out of my cap WTF Stock cap around edge.

Question

1. when your AC is on does your fan cut on automatically? or no

cobracide

Established Member
Was driving down the road then stopped at a stop sign went to take off and heard a pop. pulled over popped my hood and i saw the fan kind of jumping around making a noise.

Im wondering if my fan went bad. I drove it some and I had antifreeze coming out of my cap WTF Stock cap around edge.

Question

1. when your AC is on does your fan cut on automatically? or no

No, the fan is controlled by the pcm to turn on at a predetermined temp.
200 degrees stock.

You've overheated, yes? Did you watch the temp gauge? Either that or your water pump went out on you. You shouldn't have kept driving.

Last edited:

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
Your fan blade broke

You must replace entire fan assembly.

Don't drive the car until you get it fixed.

Cobra_im

********* STAMPEDE
Established Member
Nope car never over heated. I watched the temp gauge the whole time it never got hot, of course I never turned the AC on just in case. I'll take it to ford first thing monday.

When I turn the car on and turn AC on I thought all Cars with fans cut on, mine doesnt Im thinking my fan crapped out on me :/

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
The fact that you spit coolant from cap means you overheated.

You can't rely on that temp gauge; it's nothing more than a glorified idiot light.

Oil pressure gauge is also a POS

Last edited:

cobracide

Established Member
The fact that you spit coolant from cap means you overheated.

You can't rely on that temp gauge; it's nothing more than a glorified idiot light.

Oil pressure gauge is also a POS

Yes, aftermarket water temp in these cars is a MUST. They run HOT!

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
One more thing....

You might want to get a new cap

Don't be surprised if your dealer no longer has the OEM ones

Supposedly all that is available now are generic black caps without the original printing

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
:beer:

Sadly, I know the sound all too well...

Mine went out 2 weeks ago while I was sitting in traffic.

Just so happened that some kids were driving past and they yelled something and then I heard that POP and I thought they'd thrown something at my car!

First I was relieved and then I was pissed again cuz these fans just don't last like they should. :nonono:

Cobra_im

********* STAMPEDE
Established Member
well at least I know what it is now I was Like WTF, it was a little confusing because it was bouncing every where, now the fan will not cut on. Im calling for an appointment on monday. Im also in the middle of fixing my heater core in my Turbo notch JESUS when it rains it pours LOL

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
... it was a little confusing because it was bouncing every where, now the fan will not cut on.

Fuse and/or motor committed suicide from the strain of spinning the damaged blade.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread