Widest tire possible on stock cobra wheel???

venom93corba

Established Member
Hey guys i trying to find out what the widest tire possible that will fit on these stock wheels. I already have 275/40/17 Nitto dr's in the rear, and am wondering if i can go bigger. Any thoughts. I just can't see switching to another wheel, i love the stock ones.

1qwkpny

Established Member
no. if you go any wider its going to rub on the inner fenderwell and the wheel opening. I tried a 315 but wound up taking them off after I sat the car back on the ground and put on new 275'S again.

satx

Banned
I'm surprised that the 275's fit properly.....anything larger would definately cause problems with fitment, traction etc.

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
I don't have any pics from the 275's I had on mine. On my car they looked fine. The centers showed wear faster than a 245 would. Of course that could have been from the burnouts at the track since they were drag radials.

If you are looking for a tire that HOOKS for track use and on the street for your 93 snake do not go any smaller than a 275/40.

After my last set of D/R's wore out I decided to put stock size normal street tires on (Eagle F1's) but I sure miss my 275's now

sibs4972

Established Member
I'd think the only real clearance problem is with the quad shocks. Here's mine with 275's

cobra191

Established Member
Some people will flip the quad shocks if there's a clearance issue. The 275 is the largest that'll fit, although technically it's too wide for a 7.5" rim. In my opinion it just doesn't look right.

Users who are viewing this thread