Wider Wheels

MstyBlu

Established Member
Hi guys,
I am trying to find the best offset for my 2014 GT500, I want to get better traction without lowering the car the problem seems to be that my wheels are not wide enough for the Nitto nt555's. I don't want to go to a narrower tire so the only option seems to be to widen the factory wheels. I read somewhere that guy's were widening to 11.5" or 11.75" but I am unsure the backspace would be correct.
If anyone here has any experience with this it would be great to have your input and insight as to the problems that may arise. I don't even know if somebody is making wheels like this already without going to special order. I am trying to keep the cost down for a couple of year's.
Quite a few year's ago we would roll the rear quarters on the Volvo's but that is not an option for this little beast.
Thanks. Deane. :)

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
What NT555s are you wanting to run?
The 305/35/20s DRs fit the factory wheels PERFECTLY.
-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Check Nittos site, there is nothing listed in a 555 in that size, largest is 285 in the regular 555.
If you are talking drag radials, the 555R, that is 305/35/20 and fit my friends stock PP wheels perfectly.
-J

Users who are viewing this thread