widening 99/01 cobra wheels on my '94. 9.5"(275/40) or 10.5"(315/35)???

Shifter

Established Member
I'm going to send them to weld craft. They are the factory polished 8" ones. I'm keeping the front 8"

should I widen the rear to 9.5 and run the 275/40?

or

go to 10.5 and run the 315/35?

Here is my dilemma:
I have 1" spacers now which push the rim/tire out to the edge of the lip, it won't rub..but it is close. I'm going to lower the car this winter with B springs too, and it will still clear. If I add 1.5" to the back of the wheel I should still clear the inside as well....

If I go for the 10.5, I'll probably need a thicker spacer. I'm thinking that may get me into rubbing territory right? I don't want to deal with rubbing....

Maybe my choice is clear, but I want to clarify it further...

thanks

God

Established Member
i was going to widen my factory 01 rims, but couldnt really find the info i was looking for....talked to someone who had it done but just couldnt do it...so i got me some 17x9 and 17x10.5 black cobra R's :thumbsup:

Sharppony

Established Member
I have a 96 Cobra with Eibach springs and 96 Cobra wheels widened to 9.5" with 275/40/17 G-Force tires on the rear. I have 1/2" spacers to clear the exhaust. They have been on the car since 2001. I have had no issues with clearance and car has been driven in SVT On Track events with this set up. I have been considering putting these on the front and widening another set to 10.5" to put 315s on the rear. Let us know what you decide to do. :burnout:

Shifter

Established Member
sharppony. Having the 9.5's with a 1/2" spacer gives me some direction as your 96 cobra wheels have the same factory bS as my 99/01 cobra wheels. If they clear at 9.5 with a 1/2" spacer then the 10.5's should clear with a 1.5" spacer. Right?

I have 1" spacers now and wish I would have bought the 1 3/8" which might be the perfect setup with the 10.5's....I'll be mocking something up in the next week or two...then I'll update this post more.

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread