widening 95 cobra rims

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member
Almost forgot about this. I don't get on my laptop much these days, that's where I had these pics.

erfgth_zpse8316e92.jpg

1sdfgh_zps10ea1efd.jpg

This one I lowered in Photoshop....couldn't resist.

1sdfgh-2_zps6d0a41e7.jpg

amorrow

Established Member
That looks great...I've always liked '94-7 Cobra wheels, and the only aesthetic problem with them is the width, imo. Go for it!

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member
94-97 wheels are the same five spoke design, but 94-95 have a polished finish with silver painted pockets and 96-97 have a machined finish with dark charcoal painted pockets. The exception and oddball are the 94 Cobra pace car convertibles, their wheels have a polished finish with dark charcoal pockets.

Last edited:

95Cobradude

I'm planning to do the same to my stock wheels. Does anybody know the recommended width and largest tire that will fit including wheel spacer recommendation for a 95 Cobra?

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I'm planning to do the same to my stock wheels. Does anybody know the recommended width and largest tire that will fit including wheel spacer recommendation for a 95 Cobra?

Without getting too radical, a 315 tire will fit with up to an 11" wheel (depending on overall height of wheel/tire combo).
I'm not sure about your wheel spacers and backspacing after you have wheels widened though.

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
Unless there is some really stupid reason you want to keep the 95 wheels, it is not worth it. Widening will set you back $600 with shipping, then you have to have some high dollar spacers made which are not recommended for alot of power. You can fit an 11 which means weldcraft would have to add 3".

Users who are viewing this thread