Widened Brembo wheels

Melvo

Trying to be fast
Established Member
Ok people so I've been doing some thinking and I'd really like to widen my stock brembo wheels to 11". I saw this done to an 11 gt500 and the wheels fit fine. However the gt500's rear wheels have a different offset than the brembo wheels. Brembos are 42mm and the gt500's are 45mm. Does anyone know if the 3mm difference is just enough for this not to work in order to run a 325/30/19 nitto invo?

heres the gt500
019.jpg

020.jpg

017.jpg

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
As an engineer, the thought of welded cast aluminum wheels makes me shudder...does nobody make a knockoff?

mustang_guy

Established Member
There's a guy Lidio uses in Michigan. I believe they are called weldcraft of I'm not mistaken

delvin.a

Established Member
OP have you thought about using ARP studs and a 3mm spacer? You might not even need the studs it's only 3mm

Melvo

Trying to be fast
Established Member
Yea that crossed my mind I guess if worse comes to worst I'll do that. I just wanted to be positive before I commited to it

xxbmxlsxx

Established Member
im sending mine to weldcraft to have them widened 1inch so i can run a mickey thompson drag radial and still look stock. they charge $500 for the pair

BlackMachWon

WTF?
Established Member
They do good work and have seen them on BIG hp cars with no issues.
Curious to hear how much spacer you'll need (Melvo) for those wheels/tires. Please post your findings after you get them fitted

Melvo

Trying to be fast
Established Member
I'm beginning to think I wont need one at all because our offset should be good on an 11" with a 42 offset

Melvo

Trying to be fast
Established Member
^^ it's not set in stone yet. I ordered 275's a couple days ago I'm hoping they help out with the traction thing this side of drag tires

908ssp

Established Member
I'm beginning to think I wont need one at all because our offset should be good on an 11" with a 42 offset

Your offset will increase to 67mm when widened 1". Weldcraft widens the wheels on the inside only is my understanding so the widening adds to the offset. This is too much 59mm is a good offset for an 11" rear wheel.

xxbmxlsxx

Established Member
the cool thing about widening the inside is that nobody can tell its been done by looking at it. everything appears stock but you can run a big fat drag radial and actually hook. i have a vortech t-trim and i want to get my car to hook hard and look the way it does now. i dont like to have to change stuff just for the track, i want to race it the way i drive it. i know a few people that have had wheels narrowed and widened by weldcraft with no issues. 275 is the widest effective tire to run on a stock brembo wheel, anything wider will bow and the contact patch will decrease therefore hurting traction.

MYFSTSVT99L

Ingot 2012
Established Member
^^ it's not set in stone yet. I ordered 275's a couple days ago I'm hoping they help out with the traction thing this side of drag tires

What 275's did you order? Also 275-__-19 fill in the blanks please.

DTL

Established Member
I was just thinking about this today. I'm glad I'm not the only one! I was thinking about only going 1" wider to do 285s all the way around. Has anyone actually done a set of Brembo wheels yet? I've only seen/read about the older Bullitt wheels and GT500s.

Users who are viewing this thread