Widen 10th Anniversary Wheels

N A Rush

Established Member
I was researching the 10th Anniversary Cobra when I ran across a craigslist ad for a set of widen 10th Anniversary wheels.

3k03oc3l0ZZZZZZZZZ94m4c8e278eab2b1696.jpg

03 Cobra SVT 10th Widened Rear Rims & Drag Tires

How common is this???

P.S.
This is by no means an advertisement on my part. I do not currently own a cobra, dont live in on around the Twin cities nor do I know the seller.

VTECWHO

Banned
I was researching the 10th Anniversary Cobra when I ran across a craigslist ad for a set of widen 10th Anniversary wheels.

3k03oc3l0ZZZZZZZZZ94m4c8e278eab2b1696.jpg

03 Cobra SVT 10th Widened Rear Rims & Drag Tires

How common is this???

P.S.
This is by no means an advertisement on my part. I do not currently own a cobra, dont live in on around the Twin cities nor do I know the seller.

Thats awesome!!!! If this guy was in California Id pick em up asap!! +5!:pepper:

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
I Widened my 10th Anniversary Wheels :thumbsup: love them,., 17X11 :rockon:

iirc, was @175.00 per wheel to widen them :-D

Last edited:

68_GT

Terminated '98
Established Member
why bother with this ? seems like it would be easier and safer to buy an aftermarket deep dish anniversary replica.

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
it's fairly common...i know quite a few people who have done this

is it worth it? well at around 175 - 200 bux a wheel that's a whole different discussion.

As a 10th owner, I can tell you the aftermarket 10th aniv knock of wheels are garbage and don't match the OEM ones.

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
it's fairly common...i know quite a few people who have done this

is it worth it? well at around 175 - 200 bux a wheel that's a whole different discussion.

As a 10th owner, I can tell you the aftermarket 10th aniv knock of wheels are garbage and don't match the OEM ones.

I agree, I bought a tenth because I liked the rims better, and getting two widened was cheaper than 4 new/diff rims, :thumbsup:

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member

68_GT

Terminated '98
Established Member
So, three piece wheels are crap ?? :shrug: since the start life hacked up :poke:,.,.but on a serious note, from what I under stand (which may be very little) the weld is stronger than the rim :thumbsup:

if done 110% properly maybe so, but there has to be a good reason not many places do this type of work. Liability ????

92 Couper

Established Member
Personally, I do not think the 10th deep dish knock off wheels look bad, as long as you do not try to cheap out and just put a set of DD rears on with stock fronts. There are at least 3 versions out ther now including the billet ones shown in "Terminatted" post above, the "OE wheels" brand that I have and the ones that come from SVE.

The problem with widening a stocker is that all the added width goes behind, so it does nothing to fill the wheelwell better or give you a deep lip. It is stealthier though.

Mine:

termi001.jpg

termi014.jpg

termi012.jpg

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
if done 110% properly maybe so, but there has to be a good reason not many places do this type of work. Liability ????

Any work done shotty on any car part can cause problems,. I have had these on my car for years, with no issues at all :-D multiple 100 mph + runs :thumbsup:

where did you get your wheels widened? thanks for the help in advance!:burnout:

weldcraft ,., would do it again in a heartbeat :-D

Weldcraft Wheels Wheel Widening Wheel Repairs Wheel Restoration

BigBeez03

MASH PAST >
Established Member
I had my rear rims widened to 10.5 and have done triple digit runs many times as well as had my car on the road course and 1/8 mile strip, no probs. Weldcraft did the work, they are artisans, wheels are garaunteed to be true and balanced. I think I paid $300 total, its been a couple of years ago. I also powder coated them satin black.
MyrtleBeach2008044.jpg

FreshWash030.jpg

Blkwheels2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread