Wideband without gauge for data logging

jony51999

Established Member
I have done a lot of searching on this topic and the only thread I’ve found was from 2015 and had no replies.

The long and short of it is that I have a new autometer wideband O2 (no gauge, just the sensor) that I want to wire up to my SCT-3015 tuner to use for data logging.

I’ve found info here regarding the wiring to SCT, but nothing on using the wideband without a gauge. I’m assuming that the O2 just needs power and ground, then I can hook the signal wire to the SCT analog input via FireWire (also grounding the FireWire ground) and I’ll be good?

Is it that simple to wire the wideband O2 without a gauge to use for data logging?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

01yellercobra

Established Member
Yep. It's that simple. I did that for a buddy with a PLX wideband. We only use it for tuning. He doesn't watch the A/F when driving around.

jony51999

Established Member
Yep. It's that simple. I did that for a buddy with a PLX wideband. We only use it for tuning. He doesn't watch the A/F when driving around.
Thanks, so is it a straight 12v to the sensor or do you need to add a resistor to knock it down at all?

01yellercobra

Established Member
Thanks, so is it a straight 12v to the sensor or do you need to add a resistor to knock it down at all?

You'd have to check the instructions. The PLX didn't need any kind of resistor. It was 12vdc to the module and then the module powered the sensor.

jony51999

Established Member
You'd have to check the instructions. The PLX didn't need any kind of resistor. It was 12vdc to the module and then the module powered the sensor.

Ah ok, that’s a little different than what I was looking to do. I hoped to use just the sensor, no gauge or module etc, wired to power to send the output to the SCT. It sounds like maybe that won’t be possible, I’ll do that and hit up autometer tomorrow.

Appreciate the input.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Ah ok, that’s a little different than what I was looking to do. I hoped to use just the sensor, no gauge or module etc, wired to power to send the output to the SCT. It sounds like maybe that won’t be possible, I’ll do that and hit up autometer tomorrow.

Appreciate the input.

Oh yeah. You need some kind of module to control the sensor. But the PLX doesn't come with the gauge. So except for the cable in the glove box you'd never know it's there.

Users who are viewing this thread