Wideband set-up info

Packy

FBGM
Established Member
I just bought an NGK wideband set-up with the upgraded sensor and was wondering if any one had some pics of the same kit or other set-ups. Also was hard to install or pretty straight forward? Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

ripnesscobra

Established Member
Are you going to be using the NGK unit itself as your gauge or will you be using another gauge as well? Also, will you be wiring it so you can datalog?

The reason I ask is because I recently installed 2 NGK AFX wideband kits with the upgraded sensors in my Cobra. I am using dual Aeroforce Interceptor Gauges for in car wideband monitoring. I also have the SCT X3 datalogging cable hardwired to be able to datalog both widebands.

Packy

FBGM
Established Member
Are you going to be using the NGK unit itself as your gauge or will you be using another gauge as well? Also, will you be wiring it so you can datalog?

The reason I ask is because I recently installed 2 NGK AFX wideband kits with the upgraded sensors in my Cobra. I am using dual Aeroforce Interceptor Gauges for in car wideband monitoring. I also have the SCT X3 datalogging cable hardwired to be able to datalog both widebands.

Well I was going to use it for datalogging and I had planned on using the unit itself. I also was going to try and run through my x-cal 2. I was just searching some ideas of what other people have done was all mainly. This is my first wideband that I am doing myself. The one on my ta was done by a shop.

ripnesscobra

Established Member
With the setup that you described, the installation should be very straight forward. Since I was using Aeroforce Interceptor gauges which have a different ground reference than the NGK AFX widebands, I had to worry about and measure ground offset. Just make sure you ground directly to the battery or the engine block and you should be all set. The ground is very important for accurate and fast wideband readings. Let me know if you have any questions since I just went through this installation and might be able to help. Good luck!

SmokinCobra420

Kush is good MmmKay!
Established Member
With the setup that you described, the installation should be very straight forward. Since I was using Aeroforce Interceptor gauges which have a different ground reference than the NGK AFX widebands, I had to worry about and measure ground offset. Just make sure you ground directly to the battery or the engine block and you should be all set. The ground is very important for accurate and fast wideband readings. Let me know if you have any questions since I just went through this installation and might be able to help. Good luck!

in your opinion whats a good wide band to go with if im installing it myself? im not worried about time or any mechanical factors, i just want a good set up =. thanks

ripnesscobra

Established Member
When I was deciding on what wideband kit I wanted to run, I read through the following discussion:
[ame=http://www.modularfords.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118587]Tuning: Dyno A/F vs Wideband A/F[/ame]

In that discussion, a few reputable tuners and a wideband developer agreed that the best available consumer grade wideband kit is the NGK AFX Powerdex with the upgraded NTK sensor. They all had concerns with the accuracy of other consumer grade wideband kits.

That wideband kit with upgraded sensor can be bought from:
Home » Shop » Wideband O2 » O2 Controller » NGK Powerdex AFX - Air Fuel Ratio Monitor Kit - Wideband O2 - PN 91101 - w/ Upgraded Sensor (NTK)

SmokinCobra420

Kush is good MmmKay!
Established Member
so its the whole kit for $364? and can i use a different gauge? that thing looks ...crappy... as far as looks go. I know ngk makes great stuff, but it looks bulky..

ripnesscobra

Established Member
Yes its the whole kit including wideband sensor, wideband controller, exhaust bung and wiring harness.

I have the wideband controller in the glove box and am running an Aeroforce Interceptor gauge to display the wideband reading.

Users who are viewing this thread