Wideband placement with twins?

GostaFly

Established Member
I just recently purchased a car with a THP twin 57 kit and I want to install a wideband O2 sensor. The car has one of the front O2 sensors connected and then the 2 rear ones (the other front one is just tied up in the engine bay).

Where are you mounting your o2 sensor for the wide band? I thought I had heard that the 7 and 8 cylinder tend to run the leanest so I would want it on that bank but not sure where to place it in the exhaust stream. Any suggestions?

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
Mine is currently about 24" down my drivers side down pipe. My tuner said he would prefer it in the up pipe though, as he said under boost all turbos let a little oil past the seals and it creates a more rich condition in the down pipe, so I'm gonna move mine the next time I have it apart.

RussZTT

Established Member
I would put it about 7 inches from the exhaust housing in the down pipe.

76mmsaleen

Established Member
this is the one that i will be getting...

fd16_12.JPG

Innovate Motorsports LC-1 Duo XD-16 Gauge Kit LC1 XD16:eBay Motors (item 120341782030 end time Oct-24-09 21:51:21 PDT)

GostaFly

Established Member
I would put it about 7 inches from the exhaust housing in the down pipe.

Right in the directions of my wideband it specifically says 36" or more down stream from a turbo. 7" seems a little too close and I would expect to cause damage due to heat.

RussZTT

Established Member
Right in the directions of my wideband it specifically says 36" or more down stream from a turbo. 7" seems a little too close and I would expect to cause damage due to heat.
Alot of cars with custom turbo kits put the O2 between 7-12 inches down.

Users who are viewing this thread