Wideband Install Help (Wiring)

bullitt1672

Established Member
I recently took out the glowshift wideband that was in the car when I bought it and am replacing it with an Innovate LC-2. The problem is finding where to get power when the key is on. I ran the wires the same as the old one, being they were tucked away nicely, but the hot wire I quick-spliced into, turned the gauge on even with the key off. I don't understand this being the glowshift one only was powered up with key on. The location I tapped into is the little harness that runs next to the shifter. (black with red-stripe for power, ground is screwed to metal piece inside there somewhere.) The only difference was the glowshift wiring had a white wire the previous owner had soldered to a white with purple stripe wire. My LC-2 has a white wire as well, but manual just says that is for data-logging. Here is a pic of the old one wired up.

http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/af74/bullitt208/20150209_164013_zpsrsegdyzr.jpg

jjk23

Established Member
Sounds like have to do some digging or possibly change the way it is wired.

I ran power direct from the battery and installed a toggle switch to turn the gauge on and off.
Sensors are affected by the voltage they receive.
In a perfect world, the sensor would have nice clean voltage.

I used an "add a fuse" for my other gauges.
You could possibly look into installing an "add a fuse" into fuse block (down by your left knee).
Personally, I would recommend separating your WBO2 circuit from everything else.

Maybe some other guys on here will have some more advice.
Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread